Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dr chiropractors!

Options
  • 26-11-2009 11:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16

just wondering how can all chiropractors call them selves doctors when they arent at all!
    surely this is misleading to the public as they work in the health sector how are they getting away with it?!

the whole thing scares me to be honest the system is competely unregulated as far as i can gather anyone can call them selves one!

think i might do a nice day course in chiropractory call my self a doctor and set up my practise anyone want a consultation?!:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭GradMed

This thread on legality on the usage of the word doctor may be of some relevance
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055724531

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭imported_guy

fiokool wrote: »
    just wondering how can all chiropractors call them selves doctors when they arent at all!
    surely this is misleading to the public as they work in the health sector how are they getting away with it?!

the whole thing scares me to be honest the system is competely unregulated as far as i can gather anyone can call them selves one!

think i might do a nice day course in chiropractory call my self a doctor and set up my practise anyone want a consultation?!:D
    may be he/she actully is a physician/vet??

may be he/she has a PHD?

maybe he/she is alot more educated then people bashing chiropractors?, any one cant call themselves doctors, there are regulations in place (unlike engineers, my stove fixing man was an "engineer" who completed an apprentice ship lol, but not everyone can call themselves "chartered engineer" though, same with "chartered accountant", these are both protected titles, same as doctor) why do kids call their male teachers sir? i doubt all of them recieved knighthood

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 fiokool

I disagree
    Some of them who calls themselves doctors have a degree in chiropractory not a medical degree or a phd. The term doctor is not protected. As most chiropractors who are practising here studied abroad they get away with calling themselves doctors as there is a lack of knowledge about their qualifications and training that they have recieved abroad.

and i am aware that you can call urself a doctor after doing a phd

BUT i think that if u are working in the health/medical area u shouldnt be allowed to call urself doctor as it is MISLEADING to the public
    they are plenty of people working in hospitals nurses, allied health and admin who have phds but they dont call themselves doctors as i will say it again it is misleading to the public!!!!!

Advertisement