Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

credit card payments

Options
  • 26-11-2009 9:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭

anyone can tell me what will happen if i pay some money (aib, online) from my current account to my credit card with balance €0.00 (will that payment be accepted or bounce back, any fees - no word @ aib page about that)

reason for that is i do not use it very often (so i don't want to increase my limit in case of card being abused by some online shop etc.), but when i start my shopping i usually come very close to my credit limit (computer parts, booking flights for quite few lads) so i wonder if i can 'prepay' some money before i start - otherwise i often get hit by over-limit fee and if it keeps showing up on my cc statements that probably wont look too good on my credit history ;)

Comments

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,905 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Yes, you can add extra to your credit card, by 'pre-paying'. It just means that you can increase your spending capacity as you'll have your credit limit, plus whatever extra cash you've added in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭ian_m

Be advised that the credit card company may not be responsible for money in credit on your credit card account should your card be lost or stolen.

You might want to check that out...

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭m4rkiz

ian_m wrote: »
    Be advised that the credit card company may not be responsible for money in credit on your credit card account should your card be lost or stolen.

You might want to check that out...

well, i have no problem with that as i plan to make those payments right before paying and won't store any cash on my cc over longer periods

'UB blocked my CC' story seemed a bit scary, but if it is not a common thing i give it a try

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭broker2008

You can do it with AIB and for that reason above, Idont bank with Ulster Bank.

Advertisement