Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stoves & Firelogs......

Options
  • 26-11-2009 9:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭

Arrived home from work and no wood left to burn :( All I have are a few firelogs. The packaging says they aren't to be used in closed appliances. So anyway, I broke one in half and put it in the stove to burn.

I am I right in assuming that my stove is vented as it has a spin valve and a flue? It's burning away nicely at the moment. Not much heat yet but it's only been lighting 15 mins.

What determines a 'closed appliance'? Nothing will burn for long without oxygen so I'm a bit confused........maybe I'm confusing 'closed' with 'sealed'.

Maybe someone can enlighten me?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

A stove is closed appliance , so is a range.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

A stove is closed appliance , so is a range.

Cheers - thanks.

Anyway, I burnt two firelogs with no problem - I did keep the valve screwed in to restrict air and burnt the firelogs one half at a time. If the valve is opened to allow for full air flow the flames literally roared to life.

Advertisement