Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Phonewatch [not active] and Vodafone BB

Options
  • 26-11-2009 9:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭

Hi,

I got a phone call from Vodafone saying my Broadband is active on my line but dont have the Connection light [DSL] on my BB. I have checked all phone sockets in the house and none of them are in use/have anything plugged in.

Then it dawned on me, when we moved in, the previous owners had Eircom Phonewatch which is still 'connected' - when I saw connected I mean is recieveing power but if the alarm goes off it doesnt contact anybody etc. I have the Phonewatch 'disabled' as in the Alarm wont go off.

I assume this is connected to the phoneline still - can I just pull out the wires (Note: I dont plan on getting it reconnected). If so, where do I removed them from?

Advertisement