Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Iomega 1TB external drive €79.99

Options
  • 26-11-2009 5:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭

Spotted (& picked up) this in PC World in Blanch earlier. About ten on the shelf.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

I'm debating weather to go with an internal or an external one...... both the same price..... aghhhhhhhh

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

Get the internal and strip out the drive and put it inside your PC and you now have a free external HDD case!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 540 ✭✭✭FredH3as

Get the internal and strip out the drive and put it inside your PC and you now have a free external HDD case!

I have a better idea:

Get the external and strip out the drive and put it inside your PC and you now have a free external HDD case! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

^^ What they said! ^^

LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭eoinf

bought one of these last week and its fine but the speeds arn't great .

the power supply is small enough which is good if you are looking for it to be somewhat portable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭barry181091

I have a better idea...

Get the external and strip out the drive and put it inside your PC, thgen put in a dud drive into the case and bring it back..Say it wont work :D

It may not work in PC World but worked in Lidl :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,423 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

must say I got a my passport essential from amazon last week, 500gb for 72 euro delivered all in and it has no power supply which is great, very small and portable if you are on the move. Havnig a power supply for moving about is a joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

FredH3as wrote: »
    I have a better idea:

Get the external and strip out the drive and put it inside your PC and you now have a free external HDD case! ;)

Yeah, i'm leaning toward the internal tho... better speeds & less wires
    TheDriver wrote: »
    must say I got a my passport essential from amazon last week, 500gb for 72 euro delivered all in and it has no power supply which is great, very small and portable if you are on the move. Havnig a power supply for moving about is a joke.

Thats only 5400rpm tho right? 7200 is the only way forward!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭iMax

Well I just picked it up as a drive for time machine on my mac & it seems more than adequate for that !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,139 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

Aldi has a 1TB drive for €79.99 atm as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,423 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

no idea james about the speed but its tiny and very very portable which is an excellent feature compared to some external portable HD

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭mcmc

Peats had these at 79.99 last week when i picked one up.

Might still have 'em.

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭CFC007

What partition does the drive come with?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭A2LUE42

T-Maxx wrote: »
    Aldi has a 1TB drive for €79.99 atm as well.

when is that available ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

A2LUE42 wrote: »
    when is that available ?

I think it was yesterday's deal. Not sure if they sold out, check your nearest Aldi.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭eoinf

CFC007 wrote: »
    What partition does the drive come with?

NTFS but i spl;it mine into two one for NTFS one for FAT32 for the xbox

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭grimm2005

As someone mentioned these are also available in peats and also the sony centre.

Got one of these a while back, no problems with it at all

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

The drive itself (internally), what manufacturer comes up in System Properties, Seagate, Western Digital, Toshiba..?

Advertisement