Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

W.D. My Passport Essential SE (1TB) Portable External Hard Drive

Options
  • 26-11-2009 2:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi all,
    I'm considering purchasing a portable external hard drive and the following wa recommended:
    W.D. My Passport Essential SE (1TB).
    Has anyone got any thoughts on this, or any recommendation as to where I should purchase it?
    Thanks a million.:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭death1234567

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,002 ✭✭✭Komplett-Tech: Ryan

Personally i would stick with the WD hard drive, the reliability of the medion is not the may west. Plus if you buy the WD from a reputable establishment you will have no hassle with warranty issues should anything go wrong with the product.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,706 ✭✭✭Voodu Child

The WD you mention is a 2.5" drive, meaning it is very portable and does not require a separate power supply.

You'll pay for it though. 2.5" external drives are usually at least twice as expensive as the equivalent capacity 3.5" external drive.That WD Passport 1TB is £140 on amazon.

So if thats what you want, go for it. It is actually about the only 1TB 2.5" external drive on the market in any case. But if you don't care about size/portability, you can get a WD 1TB Elements (3.5") for like €70 nowadays.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

I bought the 500Gb one last week and am very happy with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭cpu-dude

The Medion External Drives are known for poor soldering and regurlary fail (lights are on but nobodys home, luckily the HD works but not in the Medion enclosure).

Go with the WD, very high quality and durable - I have a WD Passport 250GB and it's never once caused a problem for me at all. Highly recommended.

• Advertisement
Advertisement