Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Praise for Smart & Eircom

Options
  • 26-11-2009 2:47pm
    Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Last Sunday evening my bb speeds (am with Smart) began to deteriorate seriously (for the first time ever, by the way) and finally the ordinary telephone service went as well. I contacted Smart in the early afternoon on Monday and they confirmed that there seemed to be a short on the line and that they would have to refer it to Eircom.

11 am on Tuesday morning and there's an Eircom guy knocking on my door. Fault fixed shortly after and later that day a Smart rep phoned me to confirm everything was ok.

Can't ask for anymore than that from either company.:)

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,123 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

dub45 wrote: »
    Last Sunday evening my bb speeds (am with Smart) began to deteriorate seriously (for the first time ever, by the way) and finally the ordinary telephone service went as well. I contacted Smart in the early afternoon on Monday and they confirmed that there seemed to be a short on the line and that they would have to refer it to Eircom.

11 am on Tuesday morning and there's an Eircom guy knocking on my door. Fault fixed shortly after and later that day a Smart rep phoned me to confirm everything was ok.

Whereas in my case I've had no phone or broadband for 11 weeks because the lazy, incompetent scum of Eircom simply ignored a provisioning request from Magnet, they ignored the repeated escalations that followed and they ignored the complaint through ComReg.

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭Smyth

Eircom were doing long overdue upgrades on exchanges. Sorry, but they didn't do it just because you asked. People have been waiting months for eircom to so this.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,470 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

dub45, shocking stuff I guess companys can get things right from time to time, lets hope they keep it going :)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Cabaal wrote: »
    dub45, shocking stuff I guess companys can get things right from time to time, lets hope they keep it going :)

Indeed. I am sure that any regular here will know that there is noone more critical of poor customer service than myself so it is only fair to report on excellent service when I was happily on the receiving end for a change:)

Smyth wrote: »
    Eircom were doing long overdue upgrades on exchanges. Sorry, but they didn't do it just because you asked. People have been waiting months for eircom to so this.

My fault had absolutely nothing to do with the upgrade of an exchange.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Indeed. I am sure that any regular here will know that there is noone more critical of poor customer service than myself so it is only fair to report on excellent service when I was happily on the receiving end for a change:)

To be honest, that should be the standard of service that we get for everything, so i wouldnt exactly call it excellent.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,140 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

UPC must have eircom rattled if they are finally behaving as they were always supposed to with Smart customers.

Glad you got it sorted, when I was with Smart, anything involving eircom took months to do anything about and even then they twice disconnected me when I wasn't a customer of theirs.

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    To be honest, that should be the standard of service that we get for everything, so i wouldnt exactly call it excellent.

I agree that we should expect higher standards and not just in the broadband area but if you report a fault in the afternoon and its fixed the next morning I think thats excellent by any standards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

one in a million..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Dave147

I ordered broadband with Smart on the 7th October and received the modem two weeks later, I had activated my phoneline with Eircom but when it came round to setting up my router I learned my phoneline wasn't working.

After many calls to Smart to sort it out they finally figured that I needed a new line (this was about 2-3 weeks ago) so the order was put in on a Monday with a Smart supervisor telling me he expected it to be completed in 2-3 days. Great I thought, I'll have broadband by the end of the week, happy days! WRONG!

Today is the 26th November which is over a month after I logged the fault, I've spent ~100 euro call credit ringing them, only to be told they'd call me back. They've called me back about 5 times, and that's down to me constantly ringing them when they don't call me back. Today I was told they were given an ETA of 7th December before my new line would be installed, only to be told there was a good chance it would be pushed back even more..

What the hell do I have to do to get this fcuking broadband set up? My patience is completely gone at this stage, I also rang Eircom and they wouldn't do anything for me, despite us having 4 other lines with them and two Broadband services (which will be moved shortly).

Absolutely sick **** of this complete incompetency and I have nowhere to turn, no alternatives because of the disgraceful Monopoly we have with telecommunications.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

My neighbour moved house 5 weeks ago and is still waiting for them to sort out the moving of her broadband to her new house, which has a phone line and is capable of broadband. She's not like me, she's patiently waiting for them to sort it out whenever, I'd be on the phone every day. Pathetic

I've had an error in my bill since april of this year, an overcharge, I've rang three times to sort it out, each time thinking it was sorted only to see the same error amount added to my bill again next time. Pathetic once again

Edit, this is Eircom I'm talking about here, not Smart

• Registered Users Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

Same happened to me! I'm with Smart (not LLU but WLR). Had a bad earth somewhere on the line. Called Smart Tech Support in the evening and the Eircom engineer was at my house the following day! But I was in work so I had to call Smart back and re-schedule. Engineer came the following day and told me the fault was between the "box on the street/curb" and the house. The line between the curb and the exchange was perfect.

So anyway, a new line had to be installed so I had to wait another couple of days for contractors to come and install a new cable between the curb and the house. The contractors actually made a new "box on the street/curb" just for me! Perfect broadband ever since.

Overall cost: €0

Couldn't fault either company! :)

Advertisement