Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cable TV Transmitter Set

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

i've bought better models on adverts for less. the channel wil lchange on your box downstairs too so both tvs will have to watch the same thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭RKQ

Both Lidl & Aldi models work very well. (Does exactly what it says on the Can)
    Very good value for money compared to others on the High Street.

The answer to your question "Is this a bargain?" is YES! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭ronaneire

Bought something similar in B&Q for €8

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭sunnyside

I bought and unpacked it. There are loads of cables in the box. Wondering if all of them are needed. I want to connect my sky box to bedroom tv. No dvd connections required.
    I'll try getting it working later.

The cheapest similar item in Argos is around €38, there were very few left in my local Lidl.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭ErinGoBrath

So just to clarify because I'm a bit thick - this will only show whats on the other TV and cannot change channels?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭sunnyside

So just to clarify because I'm a bit thick - this will only show whats on the other TV and cannot change channels?

I think so, it's not that advanced. I think remote controls might not work with it either. I'm making it sound useless now but here's what I envisage for it. My bedroom tv doesn't work, no reception. If I could use it to watch RTE for an hour every night then I'd be happy with it for €30. I enquired about sky multiroom but you need a landline for them to give you a second box and I don't need a landline so am not willing to pay for one just to watch tv in bed.

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭C.O.Y.B.I.B

One thing just to watch out for is that if you have a wireless router in the house you might get some interference . I had to get a model which worked off a different frequency due to haveing too many wireless gadgets on 2.4ghz (the operating frequency of most wireless phones/baby monitors etc..). Maplin have 5.8ghz version for £49 on sale at mo which isnt bad .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭grimm2005

hmm, looks interesting. but would i have to let it downstairs to change the channel? or would you be able to change the channel from where you are (like the sky eye except wireless)? or is there a wireless version of that?

Advertisement