Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Iphone delivery reports?

Options
  • 26-11-2009 12:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭

Can you get them on the iphone?

I had a look but didn't see anything.

Anyone know?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭bluemachaveli

BDR wrote: »
    Can you get them on the iphone?

I had a look but didn't see anything.

Anyone know?

Nope, no delivery reports.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

Nope, no delivery reports.

Not quite.

If you really need a particular report... i.e. if every so often you really need to know that the person got the text...

Type *R* and then your message...and you'll get a report when the text is delivered.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Im_No_Superman

Not quite.

If you really need a particular report... i.e. if every so often you really need to know that the person got the text...

Type *R* and then your message...and you'll get a report when the text is delivered.
    Didnt know about that little tip, thanks. :)

• Registered Users, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,515 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

You can get them if your phone is jailbroken .

iPhone Delivery app via Cydia does the job. It brings sms delivery report to your default message app on your iPhone 3.0. You can get it for free via the Xsellize Repository. After downloading the app from cydia, you will need to activate it by goin to settings/ messages and enable the delivery report toggle.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭capailldubh

Not quite.

Thanks for that:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭BDR

Not quite.

It didn't work for me :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭Type 17

BDR wrote: »
    It didn't work for me :(

It depends on what network you are on - the *R* works with O2, but other networks may need other codes.

Also note that the R needs to be a capital letter - *r* doesn't work.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭fbradyirl

You can get delivery reports for the last 25 sent messages with Jelly SMS (the full version).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

and if you use vinny coyne's eirtext pro app (maybe regular one also, i dont know)
    this does delivery reports automatically,
    text bubble turns blue when delivered, stays yellow if not !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭deep1

BOBBY wrote: »
    a
    text bubble turns blue when delivered, stays yellow if not !

I think it's other way around, open to correction though..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

Delivery reports are (sort of) available for the iPhone. When you are sending a message, you see a little progress bar. If it goes to 100%, it means the message was delivered.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭fbradyirl

Hopefully OS 4.0 will have delivery reports as an option

• Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

deep1 wrote: »
    I think it's other way around, open to correction though..
    your wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭greenybaby

*R* works it sends you a report and also it does not show in the message you sent

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭Griffinx

Is it still the case in IOS10 that the iPhone doesn't give delivery reports for SMS text messages?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,541 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

Griffinx wrote: »
    Is it still the case in IOS10 that the iPhone doesn't give delivery reports for SMS text messages?

I'll come back to you on that in 6 years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 452 ✭✭WhoWhatWhere

Griffinx wrote: »

Yes.

Advertisement