Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

40th Birthday ideas please

Options
  • 25-11-2009 10:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,189 ✭✭✭

I'm normally quite good as sorting out original presents but this one has me stumped ! It's my sister in laws 40th. I have known her a long time so I have bought her
    Handbags
    Perfume
    Spa Vouchers
    Jewellery
    All sorts of accessories
    I don't want to get her something that I have bought her before.
    The only idea I have come up with is a voucher for a 'cover shot' but I am afraid she might get stuck with a bill on the day. You often hear of people getting a voucher for photographic sessions and then having to put money to it. I'd be mortified if that happened !
    Another idea would be something like Mac brush set but I have no idea what's best. I looked on ebay at the Mac stuff but a lot of it looked a bit dodgy.
    My budget is around €100
    Any ideas please

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭kingofslaves

Why not name a star, buy a piece of the moon, or buy one of those experience days. The ones like a balloon trip, rally driving, etc. I've seen them in Argos catalogue actually!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

How about something simple - like bringing her out for a really nice meal and some fine wine in a good restaurant. Maybe you've done this before? I don't know. But it is hard to buy for someone when you've done it for a long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,189 ✭✭✭jos28

Why not name a star, buy a piece of the moon, or buy one of those experience days. The ones like a balloon trip, rally driving, etc. I've seen them in Argos catalogue actually!

The experience days are brilliant but a bit out of my budget.
    She is a REALLY practical person so I don't think I will chance the star/moon thing but I will use your idea for my friend's big birthday after Christmas:).
    Thanks for your help. Cheers !

• Registered Users Posts: 7,189 ✭✭✭jos28

How about something simple - like bringing her out for a really nice meal and some fine wine in a good restaurant. Maybe you've done this before? I don't know. But it is hard to buy for someone when you've done it for a long time.
    I really have not come up with any other ideas, so I reckon I will go for a day out followed by a nice meal. I will also organise my OH to babysit for her.
    Thanks

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,338 Mod ✭✭✭✭convert

What about silverware? Or a silver cutlery set? Or a set of glasses? Or something like that? I don't mean to keep referring back to them, but Newbridge do a really good range of gifts.

• Advertisement
Advertisement