Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are the Titans a wild card sleeper?

Options
  • 25-11-2009 10:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭

No, i'm not crazy, just had a look at their schedule, nothing too difficult apart from the Colts. I reckon the AFC North will get the first wild card(prob the Bengals),though nothing jumps out for the second. Broncos are in freefall, AFC east is too inconsistent (bar the Pats) and i wouldn't be mad about the Jags or Texans in the South.
    It would be some achievement for an 0-6 team. What do you think? Next up is the Cardinals at home on Sunday. Can it be done?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭TheHeadhunter

Nah its not gonna happen they blew it early. I reckon the Cards will see them off this weekend, if Kurt Warner plays (not sure of injury status).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭fisgon

A good point about the wild cards in the AFC, there aren't many real candidates, Jacksonville are leading the chase at the moment, which doesn't say much. Could see the two coming out of the North. Tennessee would have to win out, and this is hard to see happening. Though they really have some momentum at the moment, maybe finishing 8-8.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,898 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,459 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

With the broncos heading in the other direction..........

Imagine losing your first 6 and making the playoffs. Or winning your first 6 and not making it.:( Which Minnesota did unbelievably in 2003.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

would be a pretty big ask at this stage, but they have momentum behind them at the moment

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 514 ✭✭✭Chanandler Bong

I dont think it'll happen, I think the difficulty task of actually winning those remaining is underestimated by pundits etc. and the schedule aside from the Colts isnt easy in my book either especially if going 10-6 is the objective,

Chargers? Cardinals? Even the Phins, or Seattle on the road could be a banana skin, and what are realistically the chances of going 0-6 then 10-0, even with the Offensive player of the year at RB,

the margin for error is too small IMO

Good thread OP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

I cant see it happening tbh. But if it did, imagine turning 0-6 into 10-0?! Incredulous!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,446 ✭✭✭evil_seed

i think they are. if it's possible then why not. they have 3 very important factors in their favour. 1. Momentum. 2. Chris Johnson. 3> Vince Young is a winner.

It would definitely make for an amazing NFL America's Game if they went on a 10 game streak then went all the way!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

No, I think the fins are a better option. Bronco's are going backwards, Jags maybe, but I prefer the look of Miami.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,898 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I can't see Miami making it, they have too many tough games left and Ronnie Brown is a huge loss. Ricky Williams has a bad history with injuries as a lead back.
    They have the Patriots, Steelers, Texans still to play and they have to go to Tennessee also.

And remember the Titans are no.1 against the run.

I'm not saying that the Titans will make it, I do agree that they are a very live dark horse to claim a wild card.

The Ravens and Steelers still have to meet twice and thats killing one of those teams if not both. Bengals, even though they are only a game ahead of the Steelers and two ahead of the Ravens, look certain to win their division now having divisional tie breaks over both.

For me its down to five teams for two spots, thats the Steelers, Texans, Jags, Titans and one of Broncos/Chargers as the other will win that division. Yeah the Dolphins have a chance also but I would make them a bigger dog than the Titans.

I don't think the Titans need to reach 10-6 to make it either, I believe they can lose a game and still claim the first wild card. I would have them as third favourites behind the Steelers and whichever of the Broncos/Chargers lose their division.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭Kevin11

The momentum is with them and there is chance a 9-7 team gets in.
    Dont think Broncos or Phins will make it. Ravens arent scoring but they have the Steelers twice. If they won both they would be favs for a spot. Cant see it though.
    Reckon its 2 of Steelers Texans Jags and Titans to get there.
    If Texans can beat Colts this weekend then they will have the momentum going to Jags following week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

eagle eye wrote: »
    I
    For me its down to five teams for two spots, thats the Steelers, Texans, Jags, Titans and one of Broncos/Chargers as the other will win that division. Yeah the Dolphins have a chance also but I would make them a bigger dog than the Titans.

I don't think the Titans need to reach 10-6 to make it either, I believe they can lose a game and still claim the first wild card. I would have them as third favourites behind the Steelers and whichever of the Broncos/Chargers lose their division.

Some good points there eagle.

I actually think we might see two NFC North teams, but failing that, 1 is certain. The AFC West won't have a Wild card - no chance tbh. The Dolphins will almost certainly finish 2nd in the East tbh, so for my money it's a straight shoot between the Jags, fins and Ravens. I'm not sure who that might be. but the Titans it ain't.

this is NOT a team capable of 10-0, for all the good things VY & johnson are doing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭Si Conando

davyjose wrote: »
    Some good points there eagle.

I actually think we might see two NFC North teams, but failing that, 1 is certain. The AFC West won't have a Wild card - no chance tbh. The Dolphins will almost certainly finish 2nd in the East tbh, so for my money it's a straight shoot between the Jags, fins and Ravens. I'm not sure who that might be. but the Titans it ain't.

this is NOT a team capable of 10-0, for all the good things VY & johnson are doing!

Broncos still have to play oakland in denver and have 2 games against kansas, so they certainly have a chance imo. Tonights game is huge for them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 804 ✭✭✭yerayeah

They will have serious momentum now, going 99 yards for a touchdown in the last 2 minutes against the cardinals!

Great victory again tonight, Chris Johnson is just a freak!

Advertisement