Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IPhone car kit that plays music through stereo?

Options
  • 25-11-2009 10:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I have just splashed out and got the new iPhone 3GS. I really want to get a decent car kit and have been looking at the tomtom car kit which looks quite decent. My problem is wondering how I could connect the phone to the cars speakers to my car stereo as I don't have an AUX connection in my car. I drive a 06 Opel astra if that helps.
    Thanks!!!:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭anoble66

your best bet would be the griffin roadtrip....just picked one up in the US from Amazon for 34e :) Its basically an FM transmitter, so you just tune in your car radio to the selected fm frequency and away you go. It also charges the iphone.

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭glack

I already have an fm transmitter but was hopin to combine a handsfree device for calls and play music through the cars speakers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭bluemachaveli

This Parrot kit works a treat. Comes with an iPod connector and also displays the album art on the little screen.

Nice unit, my brother had one in his car, so i only tested it a little bit, but would defiantly pick one up myself. They can be had for cheaper than the link also!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭Spipov

This Parrot kit works a treat. Comes with an iPod connector and also displays the album art on the little screen.

Nice unit, my brother had one in his car, so i only tested it a little bit, but would defiantly pick one up myself. They can be had for cheaper than the link also!

if only skype/fring/nimbuzz had a2dp/bluetooth support to use voice, ud be laughing. sigh. thats one thing i hate about apple. bluetooth. else id be all over that iphone!

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭futurec

I'd go with either the Parrot MKi9200 or the Nokia Ck600 but the parrot has a ipod/iphone charging lead built in

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭glack

Thanks for that. The parrot defo looks promising so I'm going to have a look into it:)

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭WezzyB

I just got a Connects2 adapter for my iphone, via ebay, that should play through the stereo of my peugeot 206, unfortunately I haven't got it working yet, playing music, although it does charge it (using a firewire ipod adapter).

Hopefully I can get it working over the weekend, I will be able to switch tracks etc using the steering wheel stalk.

If all that succeeds then I shall invest in a windscreen mount and maybe co-pilot navigation.

Advertisement