Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Freaky radios.

Options
  • 25-11-2009 7:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭

Has anyone had any experiences with Radios coming on by themselves.

when i was a kid i remember the tv and radio coming on in my grandmas house all by them selves. at the same time.

in college the radio in a house i was staying at would repeatedly come on by itself. sometimes there would be other people around.

a couple of years ago the i was awoke to this horrible noise at round 4am. It took me a few minutes to realise the radio was on downstairs. Blaring loud and stuck in between channels. when i went down to the kitchen to turn it off, just before i turned it off (just as i was strectching out my hand!) it turned itself off.

a few years ago i was in the states in my in-laws massive house. They have a house wide radio/intercom thingymagiggy . i had just gone to bed when the whole house was filled with screeching coming from the radio. again it had just turned on and was in between channels.

anyone else have this crap happen?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,148 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Clock-Radio?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭bigeasyeah

I remember seeing a bit on Unsolved Mysteries years ago,it was a story describing a haunting of a families home.Anyway they recreated some of the phenomenon including a radio clock turning on unaided and waking the children.Frightening stuff even in a reconstruction!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭karynp

i shared a house on nrth circ. rd a few yrs back with some friends,that was a very spooky house,the tape deck used to play by itself and the radio come on when we werent even in the room,doors would get stuck closed,i had a lot of weird experiences there and many obe's too,but the radio was freaky,first we thought something wrong with it,dodgy radio ect but when tapes started to play by themselves that was crazy,even when it wasnt plugged in,we blamed each other all the time.we all decided to sleep in the front room as the back room was horrible,cold and just not nice,we woke up one mornin and when we went to open the windows they were nailed shut...of course we blamed each other,had rows over how dangerous it was,to this day its never been explained,needless to say we left there.

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭stepdoyle

i know its not the same but recently i've been coming home to find my battery gillete razor buzzing away in the sink. thought nothing of it the 1st couple of times, thinking i must have hit off it before leaving. About the 5th time i assumed maybe the switch was faulty. It came on the other day while i was here so out came the batteries! put them in only when i need a shave. I know it was prob the switch but its still sort of had me scratching my head :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭sambuka41

I woke a 1am to find the stereo beside my bed was ging mad. it was a three CD thing and tray was spinning around inside like it was searching for a CD but the screen wasn't on it was just flashing the time. I had to unplug it to stop it. Usually if there was a power cut it flashes 00.00 but it was flashing 01.00
    I had the tv on(fell asleep watching it!!) and nothing was happening to it?

At 1am the next night a had a friend over and she was trying to take pictures of me on her new mobile phone. Everytime she tried the pic came out white, she could take pics of other parts of the room no problem but not of me. Then the light flickered like someone was turning it on and off really quick,after few seconds it stopped and stayed on. Freaked us out!!! :eek: Thought the bulb would go in the next few days but it never did. At the time the light flickered the stereo from night before was on and nothing happened to it.

I made sure i was not in the flat on the third night at 1am!!!!;):D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Ismhunter

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Clock-Radio?

First time couldnt have been cause of the involvment of the the tv.
    Second time that radio involved was a clock radio
    third time its possible thats why it turned one but why the feck would it turn itself off just as i reached for it?????
    fourth time the thing doesnt have the function

short answer : no:)

I have one that goes off on its own every morning at the same time !!

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭spudz22

The exact same thing happened to me one day too! The radio switched on for no reason and when i went to switch it off, it was actually off (has a slidy button - slide left = on, slide right = off... you get the picture :rolleyes:). Strangest thing was that a news bulletin came on about a car crash.... totally freaked me out. Suddenly felt nausious and headachey... Worst experience ever :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭iamhunted

our radio once came on by itself at 4am one morning. still havent worked out how as it wasnt an alarm radio, had no timer and the volume was set to full - plus the radio itself was on top of a high cabinet and well out of reach.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Ziycon

I've had a few experiences involving stereos coming on by themselves. The first incident occured a few years ago when my friend and I where in my room about 2 metres away from the stero and it turned on, we turned round to it and it turned itself up full volume. There is no remote for the thing but and the volume is a dial so that rules out a volume button getting stuck.
    Since then my sisters stereo has come on by itslef a few times and the stereo in the kitchen has come on by itself a few times.

If it was just the one stereo then I would put it down to a fault but its a bit odd that it has occured in there different places in the house, none of the stereos have a clock or radio on them either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭bubbles747

I remember clearly i had a hi fi a few years ago and had it on top of a large press so if i wanted to turn it on or off or up and down i had to stand on a chair to reach it, but one day it was on low as usual and i was doing a bit of tidying when suddenly the radio was blaring as high as it wud go i nearly fell trying to get a chair to stand on to turn it down it was so loud and i was the only one in the house at the time. after a few incidents in that house we left, the rent was cheap for a reason! and no one lived in it since.

Advertisement