Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom broadband problems after exchange upgrade

Options
  • 25-11-2009 5:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi Folks,

Just wondering if anyone has similar problems:

I received a notification from Eircom earlier in the month about an exchange upgrade in Shankill scheduled for November 20th.

Ever since the exchange upgrade, my broadband has been down completely. Eircom sent an engineer to investigate and they plugged in their own Netopia router and all is well but my own Cisco router still does not work. I'm 100% sure that the router is OK but I have a feeling they may have changed their configuration during the upgrade that requires me to reconfigure the Cisco. The current config of the Cisco is the same as the sample one on their support site and they insist that nothing has changed. Anyone else with similar issues?

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Do you still have an eircom supplied Netopia modem? Can you try that out if you do?

I don't think anything will have changed in their settings, or they would have had to tell everybody to change their modem settings, as this couldn't be done remotely.

Advertisement