Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Art work on a bodhran

Options
  • 25-11-2009 2:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38

Hi all,

i am newbie to this forum

i have limited Art&crafts experience
    so wondering could anyone give me a bit of advice
    i want to draw a dublin county logo onto a bodhran for a friends present
    just wondering what ink should i use ?

Any suggestions greatly appreciated

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭boxercreations

I assume the bodhran has been treated (if it hasn't I'd be worried that the skin would absorb any type of ink and feather a lot) and so I'd suggest a solvent or alcohol based ink.
    You can get adirondack alcohol inks and then a fillable pen to use with them. If you want a cheap solution then a black copic marker would work or even a promarker. About €3.50 from art shops.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 ayup

I assume the bodhran has been treated (if it hasn't I'd be worried that the skin would absorb any type of ink and feather a lot) and so I'd suggest a solvent or alcohol based ink.
    You can get adirondack alcohol inks and then a fillable pen to use with them. If you want a cheap solution then a black copic marker would work or even a promarker. About €3.50 from art shops.

Thanks mil for the advice

the bodhran is not the best Quality bought in Carrols as opposed to waltons ! !
    its more for display than anything else
    even though my friend enjoys the occasional sing along when in company !(ballad seiusons:D)

i am going into town tomorrow so i will have a look for those products

thanks again.

Advertisement