Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

'Broadband To GO' Grange Rath Drogheda?

Options
  • 25-11-2009 1:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 47

Hi!
    Can anyone advise me on the subject of 'Broadband To Go' being available in the Grange Rath area of Drogheda?
    I live in the estate, and my neighbours on both sides have internet access with Eircom. For some strange reason, my line can't receive it yet on Eircom, until the lines are upgraded, or so I'm told.
    So then I enquired about 'Broadband to Go' from other providers and I am receiving mixed comments from the various sources on the quality in Grange Rath estate. can anyone help me on this subject?

Kind regards
    Wess

Comments

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,792 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

Moved from Open Source.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Moved to midband.
    Wess wrote: »
    I live in the estate, and my neighbours on both sides have internet access with Eircom. For some strange reason, my line can't receive it yet on Eircom, until the lines are upgraded, or so I'm told.

Probably a lie to fob you off. Most likely you're on a pairgain (a split line) and this will never be removed. Lines don't get upgraded.
    Wess wrote: »
    So then I enquired about 'Broadband to Go' from other providers and I am receiving mixed comments from the various sources on the quality in Grange Rath estate. can anyone help me on this subject?
    I take it you're looking at one of the 3G mobile services, like Meteor, Three, O2 or Vodafone. You'll get mixed and varying results with them, and the only way to know for sure is to try them out.

Recomendations would be, in order;
    Vodafone,
    O2,
    Meteor,
    Three.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Wess

I feel you are right! Thanks for that, appreciate it!! Will probobly give vodafone a go.

Wess

• Registered Users Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭jay93

please please do not connect to vodafone im using it in Duleek and to be honest the speeds are just downright crap no use at all even when travelling into drogheda it went even slower give 3 a go would be my best reccomendation or meteor avoid the other two 3 broadband covers all of the grange rath area speeds are usually 2-3mbps all day
    :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Wess

Will sus our "3" also,

Kind regards
    Wess

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭jay93

no bother!!i would advise to take the 7 day trial with 3 and meteor and see if you can get coverage and which one performs the best i made the mistake with vodafone of keeping my contract even tough it is no good im getting my 3 modem in dublin on saturday and giving this crappy internet modem to someone else ..let us know how it goes :D:D

Advertisement