Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Charity Grappling Tournament.

Options
  • 25-11-2009 12:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone.
    I realise this forum is mainly used by guys in the Republic of Ireland and the logistics of gettin up so close to Christmas may mean alot cant make it. BUT....
    I am going to be holding a Charity NO-GI Grappling Tournament on Sunday 20th of December in the Red Dragon Gym in Antrim.
    There will be a £5 entry fee and all donations will go to MacMillan Cancer care.
    I will also try to get a few things we that we can put up for a raffle on the day.
    Lots of people are touched by this terrible disease in there lives and i have been approached by a member of our club who has a family member battling with it.
    I see this as the perfect way to show our support to him in this difficult time.
    So this is a call to everyone from all clubs in the wider MMA community to come along and help raise some cash.
    Its only a fiver guys and were all friends here so come on and take part!
    Anyone that is interested get in touch with me and ill put the full info up as i get it.

Thanks
    Marty

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭markfightie

Hi marty,

john mentioned this to me last night, we would be happy to donate a couple of tshirts to help the worthy cause.

Best of luck,

mark

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭kid chaos

Hope to be there marty:D

Joe

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Martin Walker

Having loads of feedback for this already. It will be split into weight divisions and possibly a rookie and vet catagory for each division and an absolute.
    I will get all the details up before the weekend.
    Thanks

Ive been getting alot of feedback from various clubs so heres a bit of info on the day.
    Im hoping to start weigh-ins at 12pm.

There will be two skill levels. Amateur and Pro.
    Amateur will be for the guys that are new to the sport of grappling and guys that have never competed in MMA above D-Class rules.
    Pro will be for the more advanced guys. MMA Fighters that have competed at C-Class or above and the more experinced BJJ practitioners.

There will be four weight divisions -70kgs,-80kgs,-90kgs and 90kgs+
    There will also be an Absolute division open to everyone.

I have also been approached about putting on a Ladies division. We have no Ladies training MMA at the minute but if there are any clubs that have that want to compete let me know.
    I also got asked about a senior or "Coaches" division. I would like to put this on if any coaches would be interested.

Anyone interested please get in touch.
    Marty

Im getting names put forward now so if anyone wants in can you send me:
    Name
    Weight Catagory
    Division

I wanna get the names of competitors in before the day if i can.

Thanks
    Marty

• Advertisement
Advertisement