Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

bedroom TV Socket question

Options
  • 24-11-2009 10:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭

Hi there, I've a TV conundrum that I'd really appreciate a little advice on if it's not too much trouble. Apologies if I get a bit long-winded!

OK. In my bedroom, I have what looks to be a bog-standard TV cable socket, the one port stick-yer-coax in job, not the screw-it-in kind.

Now, when I connect my TV up to it and try to tune it in, I get no channels at all. I've removed the cover from the socket, and it's definitely wired up for something. I've just no idea what.

In my living room, I've got a 3-port TV socket on the wall. Sky Digital comes through one of them. I get some sort of terrestrial TV through another (including Five, I assume that's something to do with living in Wexford), and the third port is what I can only assume is a radio socket.

Beside that, there's a socket identical to the one in the bedroom, and again, if I attempt to tune anything through that, I get nothing.

So my question is, is there any way i can wire/fiddle with the socket in the bedroom to receive the terrestrial channels that I'm currently getting in the living room? It's an apartment I'm in, and Sky Multiroom wasn't an option unfortunately.

many thanks

Darrell

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,719 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

It hink you will find that the cables to the sockets without signala are not connected to anything in the roof space or wherever they originate.

You would need to get to the free ends and patch them into the cable that actually goes to the antennae.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 DJMIX

As its an apartment that cable will go back to a signal splitter that has the tv feed coming in, the lead needs to be connected up here to activate in the room

Advertisement