Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mullingar Broadband

Options
  • 24-11-2009 6:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭

Can people share their Broadband experiences in Mullingar. I'm out near the Park hotel and have a 2Mb BT connection. Used to have a 3mb with them but it went to bits and I was lucky to get 200k. They downgraded my line to 2mb and speeds steadied at around 1.5. Am now a bit concerned that Vodafone will be rubbish and would like to know who else I could go with.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭lmimmfn

kaltz wrote: »
    Can people share their Broadband experiences in Mullingar. I'm out near the Park hotel and have a 2Mb BT connection. Used to have a 3mb with them but it went to bits and I was lucky to get 200k. They downgraded my line to 2mb and speeds steadied at around 1.5. Am now a bit concerned that Vodafone will be rubbish and would like to know who else I could go with.
    Vodafone/BT/vodafone/Eircom will all be the same because theyre all just resellers of Eircons BB. Only difference is youll get better support from Eircon, but i will in no way contribute to their monopoly other than the insane rental they demand through resellers.

Anyways to your point, i lived in Gleann Petit and the bb was just stupid, 3mb/s download, 48kb/s upload lol.

Digiwed are in mullingar, but you'll not get it on that side of town as you need line of sight unfortunately, grrr, hate the eircon monopoly.

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭mickeyboymel

If you can get Chorus cable for your television at the moment, id wait as they are currently upgrading the system and broadband should be available in the next few months

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭kaltz

Thanks for the replies. Cant get Chorus/NTL so that rules them out. Has anyone used Magnet?

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Colmm23

Hey guys,

I have been talking to ntl this evening and the girl said I could get their broadband now. I'm in petitswood manor. I'd say their 3mb would be pretty good.

• Company Representative Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭Magnet: Rory

Thanks for the replies. Cant get Chorus/NTL so that rules them out. Has anyone used Magnet?

We dont have equipment in Mullingar. However we could offer you the resold stuff with no limit?

• Advertisement

Colmm23 wrote: »
    Hey guys,

I have been talking to ntl this evening and the girl said I could get their broadband now. I'm in petitswood manor. I'd say their 3mb would be pretty good.
    nice one, must give them a call, wonder if they do all of mullingar?

lmimmfn wrote: »
    nice one, must give them a call, wonder if they do all of mullingar?

The Elms, Ushenach Court, I know were enabled this week, watch out for the SCS Cable Servies Vans in your area, they normally have 4 or 5 vans in an area changing the taps from the squareish ones to new round ones, the new services are enabled a few days after the taps are replaced.

The Elms, Ushenach Court, I know were enabled this week, watch out for the SCS Cable Servies Vans in your area, they normally have 4 or 5 vans in an area changing the taps from the squareish ones to new round ones, the new services are enabled a few days after the taps are replaced.
    ahh good stuff, cheers for that, ill keep my eye open for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭kaltz

Anyone know if they NTL cover Richdale Court? There are lots of apartments behind but I didnt think that they had cable?

really hope they come to Ardilaun.

• Advertisement

Anyone know if they NTL cover Richdale Court? There are lots of apartments behind but I didnt think that they had cable?

Those apartments behind The Mullingar Park Hotel are all on the cable network so I'd imagine Richdale Court is cabled also.
    really hope they come to Ardilaun.

Is all that area not on Chorus MMDS, there are lots of "Square" areials. To the best of my knowledge they are at present only upgrading existing areas, and not actually running new cable, only the branches of Fibre they have ran off the existing MAN to upgrade estates which already have coax in place.

Those apartments behind The Mullingar Park Hotel are all on the cable network so I'd imagine Richdale Court is cabled also.

Is all that area not on Chorus MMDS, there are lots of "Square" areials. To the best of my knowledge they are at present only upgrading existing areas, and not actually running new cable, only the branches of Fibre they have ran off the existing MAN to upgrade estates which already have coax in place.
    I couldnt tell you to be honest, maybe it is, how could you tell? do they put a junction box outside the cabled houses?

I couldnt tell you to be honest, maybe it is, how could you tell? do they put a junction box outside the cabled houses?

Ardilaun and Ardeleigh are not cabled at all, hence all the roof aerials. Chorus MMDS will not get you broadband,just a limited digital television service.

Ardilaun and Ardeleigh are not cabled at all, hence all the roof aerials. Chorus MMDS will not get you broadband,just a limited digital television service.
    ah ok, cool, thanks for the info.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭e21man

I live in greenpark i have chorus mmds and about 3 months ago upc were digging outisde my house i than last week got a call to get broadband, this is pretty close to adliuan dont know why that wouldnt be up and ready for broadband to

e21man wrote: »
    I live in greenpark i have chorus mmds and about 3 months ago upc were digging outisde my house i than last week got a call to get broadband, this is pretty close to adliuan dont know why that wouldnt be up and ready for broadband to
    yeah, youre right behind us( as in im about 100m from the edge of greenpark ), cheers for the info,ill give them a ring tomorrow

Advertisement