Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Combined Care

Options
  • 24-11-2009 5:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭

I have just received a Combined Obstetric Card, which I didn't request. I was sent automatically. I understand I have to have it with me for all pregnancy appointments. Fine.

I was surprised to receive it as I thought I took care of most antenatal care by booking Semi Private with Holles Street.

This card mentions a follow up by your GP -which I understand is free - as well as the hospital consultant. Do I need to reply to them and confirm or deny? Also, they give me the name of a GP who is not my GP, but the general consultant of their practice. Should I mention it to them? I did ring the practice, but the operator told me to just bring the card with me everywhere.

Is it possible to combine Semi Private care, local GP care and the Domino scheme? Would that be too much care?

Thanks for your thoughts.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

The idea is that it should be your gp in conjuction with the hospital.
    As for if combined care works with the domino scheme you'd have to ask them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

I thought you could only do Domino Scheme if you were a public patient not Semi-P or Private?

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Terpsichore

Thanks for your answers! Sure will pick up my phone. This is the feeling I have that Domino is for public only... A lot of info to put up together at once! Cheers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭ebmma

Dunno if that's any help, but I'm doing Domino/ Community Midwives and going public. I am pretty sure it's public only.

Edit: secretary for the Comm Midwives is lovely and she will explain how everything works to you. :)

Just got confirmation from Holles Street that the Domino scheme can be applied to all 3types of care: Private/SemiPrivate/Public.

Domino is a very busy scheme, so I wish I had known this way before, because they already have 10 women before me on a waiting list for my EDD...

Anyhow, the early transfer from hospital to home can be also handled by two other type of midewifes scheme. You'd have to ring for more info.

My husband and I went to a free early pregnancy class today in Holles Street (every Wednesday from 1.30pm to 2.30pm). I highly recommend this class as a midwife, a physio and a dietician give small 20 minutes lectures and answer all your questions.

• Advertisement

Another precision about Domino, it's only offered in the area 1, 2 and 3 of South Dublin HSE Community Care Areas (CCAs).
    I leave just accross the road which puts my address in area 4: so I can't get the Domino scheme. :(
    I am reffered, however to the other Midwifes Clinics available...

Now I know why there is not so much information about Domino. Only a small amount of the Irish population can avail of it. There are no founds available to develop this great service to the rest of Ireland. :mad:

Advertisement