Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Medical Clinic Dublin 15 area?

Options
  • 24-11-2009 5:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi there,
    I'm trying to find out if anyone knows of a new Medical Centre in the Dublin 15 area, I think its going to be called Oakwood or something like that, doctors from the 2 Meridian clinics in the area are opening it up.
    I'd appreciate any info anyone has?
    Cheers,
    JJ

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭glossy

Not sure, one of the Doc's that is opening up said soon as they find a premises, and will be in the local newspapers (free ones)
    it is Oakwood

added to say cos i was with the Doc in question last week that's why, and mention it to me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Tyrellstown by any chance???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Murt10

Bit of competition.

Seeing as how the rest of the Country is having to survive on less I wonder will we see the Meridians prices coming down, they certainly went up fast enough during the good times?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Juicy Juice

Thanks for the replies guys - dont suppose any of you know if Dr Lavery from Meridian Ongar is still practising somewhere in the meantime? Think he left there back in Sept and need to find him :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

Murt10 wrote: »
    Bit of competition.

Seeing as how the rest of the Country is having to survive on less I wonder will we see the Meridians prices coming down, they certainly went up fast enough during the good times?

Competition would be great, but I would be really suprised, nay amazed if the medical profession started a price war amongst themselves. Far to much of a cosy cartel, just like all the professions!

Chatting to friends who attend various medic's in the D15 area over the last fews weeks. All have commented that a visit to their respective GP's was still in the region of €55 for a consultation, same a last year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭sandleman1979

I'd be very interested in this practice. Does anyone know who the other Dr. is?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,028 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Pat Dunne wrote: »
    Chatting to friends who attend various medic's in the D15 area over the last fews weeks. All have commented that a visit to their respective GP's was still in the region of €55 for a consultation, same a last year.

Still €45 for my Doc!!

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Luttrell1975

Where is this place?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 shandycurtin

The clinic is called the Oakwood Medical Clinic and will open in February in Castleknock. It will be run by Drs Nicola Black, Nina Byrnes and Geoff Lavery.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Juicy Juice

Hi Shandycurtin,
    JUst noticed your reponse today, cheers for that :-) Any more details of where it will be in castleknock? Or maybe you could keep us informed when you hear anything?
    Thanks again,
    JJ

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 shandycurtin

Firstly - I have to declare that I know one of the doctors involved personally. They are opening on Feb 1st in the Castlecourt Shopping Centre, mainstreet Castleknock. (the shopping centre that has the Castleknock Post Office and Flynn auctioneers in it).They are gonna be in the office above the post office - accessed through the green door right next to the PO. Not sure of other details.....but know they plan to have a website in the near future.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,028 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Original question asked & answered.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement