Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My dryer thinks its a washing machine

Options
  • 24-11-2009 4:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,

My washer/dryer is playing up lately. Washing machine works fine then when you put stuff into the dryer they come out absolutely sopping.
    Any ideas what might be wrong or how I can fix it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

Have you googled the model number. Its great to give you insights. I reckon by the sound of it the heater element is gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Danniboo

Thanks Joey, no I must try this. Are they a big deal to get replaced.

Danniboo wrote: »
    Thanks Joey, no I must try this. Are they a big deal to get replaced.

Depends on the model but I done my own. If you can wire a plug you can do it but you know the score. If in doubt check it out.

Most of the heaters are located at the back. I am guessing they go a lot so this is for easy access.

Depends on the model but I done my own. If you can wire a plug you can do it but you know the score. If in doubt check it out.

Most of the heaters are located at the back. I am guessing they go a lot so this is for easy access.

Thats great I wired my first plug about 2 weeks ago. Slowly becoming a domestic goddess. :D I'll see what I can do. Thanks Joey.

Thats great I wired my first plug about 2 weeks ago. Slowly becoming a domestic goddess. :D I'll see what I can do. Thanks Joey.

Be careful. You need to do a few plugs to be confident.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

Is it a condensing dryer or does it have a hose going out through the wall to get rid of te steam?

If its a condensing mdel the water tray might be full or you might need to clear the filter.

Is it a condensing dryer or does it have a hose going out through the wall to get rid of te steam?

If its a condensing mdel the water tray might be full or you might need to clear the filter.

There's no hose as far as I know how do I clear the filter??

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

All modern condenser driers will stop automatically when the water tray is full.

If the clothes are getting drier, but they're not completely dry, then you'll need to remove the condenser and clean it out. The condenser is removable and is usually beside the water tray. Remove it, use a shower hose to clean all the fluff and crap out of it and then put it back it. Ensure that the lint filters (usually one in the door and one at the edge of the "opening") are cleaned after every spin.

If the clothes aren't getting any drier at all (i.e. they're as wet coming out as when they went in), then the heating element at the back of the drier is dead and needs to be replaced. In this case, it may be cheaper to just replace the dryer than to get it fixed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

There's no hose as far as I know how do I clear the filter??

You need to take the water tray out of the bottom and empty it , the filter will be beside it , there will also be a filter in the door.

I never thought the filter cleaning or water changing would be missed. Thats why i advised on the heater. My apologies.

• Advertisement

I checked my filter and was an absolute disgrace, hopefully that's all the problem was. Thanks guys for your help.

Advertisement