Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kitchen extractor fan

Options
  • 24-11-2009 3:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭

Hi guys an gals,

The extractor fan over the hob stopped working the other night and I cant seem to figure out what the problem is.

The problem occurred when I went to switch the light part of it on. This resulted in a blue spark appearing from the switch. :eek:
    The light never came on and the separate switch to turn the fan on dosent work either. I checked the main fuse box and nothing has tripped. I checked the plug fuse for the fan and it looks fine also.

Any other ideas?
    :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭View Profile

Anyone know what this is? Class? Anyone? Anyone? Anyone seen this before?

bueller.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

check for voltage first off with a multi meter. You need to look inside the plug, just because its not melted on the outside doesn't mean its fine on the inside, could be a loose connection and the rest

Advertisement