Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

95 Celica Crazy Water Leak

Options
  • 24-11-2009 2:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I have a 95 Celica 2.0l Gt and last week or so i noticed that she was overheating alot so i gave her a quick once over and i could see some rust colored water marks on the plastic lips down under the radiator to the left of the car.. so i thought it might be the radiator leaking.. i topped up with water and she ran fine.. i was planning on getting the rad done when she overheated a couple times more.. last time when it happened there was some steam so i opened the hood to see the water i put it just leaking out the side of what i think may be the water pump.. could someone maybe confirm this? The leak seems to be coming from or behind a bolt located down under the timing belt the bolt seems to be holding some cover type thing to the left side of the engine.. is this the water pump?

any help would be great.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭Muckie

Thats the water pump thats gone alrite.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 gavo782002

Hi i looking for some advice my ford fiesta has been leaking water the past few mouths from underneath the engine, this is causing me problems cos the car is blowing out cold air and overheating due to the water leak, I've had the water pump and the thermostat replaced could it be the gasket? or something less serious

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭Muckie

Check your radiator next, that could be at fault. Have the car running for a few minutes and careful place your hand near the bottom of the radiator, if its not warm and the temp guage is showing near half way
    up. Your radiator is at fault. Is their any oil in the water header tank?

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭alo1587

Nice thread hijacking gavo!:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 gavo782002

Thanks for the advice, no theres no oil in the water tank, i left the car idle for a few days, the water thank was completed empty and when i added a litre and half of water the temp when back to normal and the heater was working correctly after i started the car

• Advertisement
Advertisement