Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Maurice Lacroix

Options
  • 24-11-2009 2:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 413 ✭✭

Got a nice M.L watch from the OH a couple years ago. It is a black leather strap M.L code LC1038 Sapphire crystal, 50m Wproof. I really like the feel and weight of this watch.http://www.uhrenhandel.de/maurice-lacroix-classic-chronograph-lc1038-ss002-p-3428.html

I am getting into watches bigtime and love browsing in BTs Grafton st.
    What do you guys make of the Lacroix brand - I am aware that they are a new company and all but I am well impressed by their catalogue.

Also going to buy a new Weekend watch soon - price range €2-€2.5k. not mad about the "Brands" such as Tag and Omega, do like Panerai though any tips?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭bogmanfan

If you like Panerai then definitely have a look at Anonimo. Panerai watches were originally made in Florence before they were bought over by Richemont. The new owners basically just bought the name and shifted production to Switzerland. An italian businessman bought the old machinery and re-employed the watchmakers to work on his new brand Anonimo. Really nice watches, and much more affordable than Panerai. Just don't buy one new... they depreciate badly :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 413 ✭✭zenmonk

They look very like the Panerai watches, any stockist in ROI? or where do you guys buy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭bogmanfan

Dawson Jewellers on Dawson St has a small selection, but beware buying one new. If you ever want to sell it you'll lose a fortune. Resale value is quite poor, certainly compred to Rolex or Panerai. Best to buy one used from the sales corner of one of the major watch forums - Watchuseek.com, timezone.com, tz-uk.com are the ones I use. (Got my own Anonimo through Watchuseek). Guideline prices would be $1000-1200 for the basic Millemetri or Day/Date models. If you buy used, you won't lose much money, if any. :)
    Just be careful... there are a lot of fakes floating around.

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭CarltonBrowne

I can't make my mind up about ML. They make some nice watches and seem to cover a lot of bases in terms of price but once you gravitate above the base models I know that my money would be going in other directions. In the current market Rolex and Panerai offer the best re-sale values and with the sterling exchange rate I would be looking at buying second hand from one of the UK forums. I like the Anonimo business model and I believe they appeal to the real WIS; they just don't do it for me. My loss I think.

Advertisement