Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slurry Pump/Agitator

Options
  • 24-11-2009 2:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

anyone got recomendations for a slurry pump - i am thinking of purchasing one this year - i have 2 slatted tanks and ended up getting my contaractor 3 times this year - as of now i have no idea on prices/models - any info would be appreciated

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭reilig

1974 wrote: »
    anyone got recomendations for a slurry pump - i am thinking of purchasing one this year - i have 2 slatted tanks and ended up getting my contaractor 3 times this year - as of now i have no idea on prices/models - any info would be appreciated

Bought a NC3000 at the beginning of this year. It was £2400 in the North which was about €2800 at the time. It was recommended to me by a lot of people who already have them. They have a high output and require low hp. I am very pleased with its performance and I have done about 5 tanks with it in the 12 months. Its a simple enough machine with a direct drive (unlike many agitators that have chain drives) and it hasn't given a problem. As far as I'm aware, the only thing that ever goes in them is the bottom bearing which is easily replacable. Its not too heavy - my MF168 can carry it (but not operate it obviously).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭Rujib1

reilig wrote: »
    Bought a NC3000 at the beginning of this year. It was £2400 in the North which was about €2800 at the time. It was recommended to me by a lot of people who already have them. They have a high output and require low hp. I am very pleased with its performance and I have done about 5 tanks with it in the 12 months. Its a simple enough machine with a direct drive (unlike many agitators that have chain drives) and it hasn't given a problem. As far as I'm aware, the only thing that ever goes in them is the bottom bearing which is easily replacable. Its not too heavy - my MF168 can carry it (but not operate it obviously).

I have one also. I'm driving it with 70 horse power Zetor, no problem. Takes a little longer to get the whole tank moving than if I had 100 HP for example, but it's not too bad. The NC is certainly the lowest power requirement machine out there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭vanderbadger

have a redrock..superflow i think, anyway it seems to be a good machine, very easy to use, had an abbey before hand, it was a fold up type one, b4lls of a job, had to take off massive pto shaft while lifting up and down, it agitated well enough when going but if you cant lift up and down without taking off shaft they are a waste of time, also the abbey was painted, very soft machine, galvanisedis the only way to go for agitator, also as one of the lads was saying earlier it wa alot cheaper up north, alex ander mills promised me one for weeks but never delivered on promise, in the end i got sick of waiting and just bought at home

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭mooverlive

i also have a n c its 3600 its on 3 pt linkage so no taking off pto shaft cost a few quid extra but well worth it if moving alot as for the machine very good most contractors have them around here which is a good sign best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Bitten & Hisses

I have a Cross agitator, which I bought in June 2008 for €4950. I got a grant of €1600-ish from the Farm Improvement Scheme for it. I have two 90-foot tanks which are linked at both ends and I find it to be a brilliant machine. It also has some sort of chopper built in to it, which means it can handle sops from bales with no issues. I drive it with 110 HP.
    A neighbour (who is known to be slightly rough in his approach to everything) also has one and claims that he once saw an entire bale wrap passing through the agitator!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭mossfort

a contractor beside me has a major and he says it a better machine to pump slurry than the nc one.
    the propeller on the major is at a different angle to the one on the nc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,271 ✭✭✭irish_bob

thier is a new company based in county monaghan who make both slurry agitators and diet feeders , 04296678999 , euro plant or something
    the agitators are around 2500 which is a grand cheaper than an NC , BTW ,while an NC is a good pump , they are awkward to get in and out of manholes , you litterally rely on gravity to get them in , very little ram control

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭aristo

What size are the tanks and what hp do you have to drive it, wexoman are alot higher output than abbey, nc and redrock but needs more power

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭mooverlive

irish bob dont know what ur on about,my n c is on 3 point linkage with ram to get it in and out of manhole u must b thinking of the nc 3000 where u have to take off pto shaft every time u want to move it the 3600 is the best option

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,271 ✭✭✭irish_bob

mooverlive wrote: »
    irish bob dont know what ur on about,my n c is on 3 point linkage with ram to get it in and out of manhole u must b thinking of the nc 3000 where u have to take off pto shaft every time u want to move it the 3600 is the best option

indeed i am

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 david.toomey

Two very good agitators are the nc super and redrock. Redrock though wont be around for much longer as there are talks of it closing down. Have an NC super 3000 myself and it does the job perfect, but if you are feeding unchopped silage bales the cross agitator would be better and the manufacture ,simon, claims that they are unblockable. So NC for chopped silage and Cross for unchopped bale silage. If you have tight openings into your slatted tank, the non rigid NC 3000 super is the most maneuverable. The cross is very big at the bottom and needs big opening. The Europlant, which was mentioned in a previous post, is manufactured by an ex NC employee. Have heard good words about them and seem to be on a par with the NC. Also they are cheaper, so give that some thought too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Bitten & Hisses

The cross is very big at the bottom and needs big opening.

I would agree with this. It takes a bit of manoeuvering to get it into the manhole!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭Rujib1

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Wigster

Has anyone got a Major AG7500. Its not adjustable up and down so this is an issue with smaller tanks or have contractors got around this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 kielmost

Wigster wrote: »
    Has anyone got a Major AG7500. Its not adjustable up and down so this is an issue with smaller tanks or have contractors got around this?

As long as the out flow pipe is not sticking up outside the tank that you are agitating it will work fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Wigster

kielmost wrote: »
    As long as the out flow pipe is not sticking up outside the tank that you are agitating it will work fine.

I must measure this alright. I have one tank thats just shy of six feet.This would also mean the PTO is drive is higher which isnt ideal though.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 grassman90

I have a Cross agitator, which I bought in June 2008 for €4950. I got a grant of €1600-ish from the Farm Improvement Scheme for it. I have two 90-foot tanks which are linked at both ends and I find it to be a brilliant machine. It also has some sort of chopper built in to it, which means it can handle sops from bales with no issues. I drive it with 110 HP.
    A neighbour (who is known to be slightly rough in his approach to everything) also has one and claims that he once saw an entire bale wrap passing through the agitator!
    has it ever blocked price is high compared to nc or major i have a ts 90 newholland they will fit a gear box to suit the tractor the chopper looks a good idea

• Registered Users Posts: 2,750 ✭✭✭9935452

grassman90 wrote: »
    has it ever blocked price is high compared to nc or major i have a ts 90 newholland they will fit a gear box to suit the tractor the chopper looks a good idea

This is an old thread so you might struggle to get a response.
    But i work for a contractor who had a cross agitator and they are far from unblockable. One farmer we work for feeds unchopped silage who keeps the silage well pushed into the cattle who in turn pull a lot of it onto the slats. he never cleans the silage off the slats.
    Every couple of minutes i had to take out the agitator to effectively unblock it. It was a three bay slatted house and in two hours i had two wheel barrows of silage pulled out of the agitator.
    The abbey he has now copes a lot better in the same tank and has impressed us.

9935452 wrote: »
    This is an old thread so you might struggle to get a response.
    But i work for a contractor who had a cross agitator and they are far from unblockable. One farmer we work for feeds unchopped silage who keeps the silage well pushed into the cattle who in turn pull a lot of it onto the slats. he never cleans the silage off the slats.
    Every couple of minutes i had to take out the agitator to effectively unblock it. It was a three bay slatted house and in two hours i had two wheel barrows of silage pulled out of the agitator.
    The abbey he has now copes a lot better in the same tank and has impressed us.

did that machine have the chopper ?

reilig wrote: »
    what hp are you driving the nc 3000 with .will a90 hp tractor drive it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭Sami23

Galvanized Redrock is the way to go

• Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭F.D

Only problem with the redrock is mounting the hyd top link, its heavy and depending on the tractor if you cant reach in to work the spools it can be a pig to get on, NC is a good machine but taking on and off the pto is a bit of a pain when moving between tanks
    Has anyone used the Conor/plantmec Agitator ?
    to me they look fairly easy to hitch up to and move from tank to tank

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Durrus Boy

F.D wrote: »
    Only problem with the redrock is mounting the hyd top link, its heavy and depending on the tractor if you cant reach in to work the spools it can be a pig to get on, NC is a good machine but taking on and off the pto is a bit of a pain when moving between tanks
    Has anyone used the Conor/plantmec Agitator ?
    to me they look fairly easy to hitch up to and move from tank to tank

Have a Plantmec 6000 for past 4 years when I bought direct off them. As you mentioned, no need to remove shaft between tanks and mounted on the arms so also no need for top link, fierce handy. Has a serious pump that has no bother circulating (wateryish!) slurry in a 90 ft tank. I think a former NC design engineer was involved in Plantmec which meant that they're well made. No complaints here

• Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭F.D

Durrus Boy wrote: »
    Have a Plantmec 6000 for past 4 years when I bought direct off them. As you mentioned, no need to remove shaft between tanks and mounted on the arms so also no need for top link, fierce handy. Has a serious pump that has no bother circulating (wateryish!) slurry in a 90 ft tank. I think a former NC design engineer was involved in Plantmec which meant that they're well made. No complaints here

What horsepower are you driving it with ?

Advertisement