Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much to install oil central heating?

Options
  • 24-11-2009 1:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

This is my first post.. I hope I've put it in the correct place. If not, please be kind to me;)

We are in our new build almost a year. We installed solar panels for hot water. They work brilliantly and we're delighted with them. We also installed a Mulberry Range and stove for solid fuel central heating and we are also happy with them.

But, and here's the big BUT..... the system just doesn't suit our lifestyle as we're coming and going a lot during the day with school runs and everything associated with that!

So, we're looking at installing oil central heating as well, as a back up or a booster for the really really cold couple of months in the year.

So..... I'd love to know the approx cost of installing Oil heating.
    As far as I know, we would just need the boiler, tank, associated pipework. All rads are in place and we have the triple coil tank for our solid fuel and solar.

So... woudl anyone be able to give me an idea of the costs involved?
    Also, the timeframe?

Thanks so much guys.
    Cris

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,879 ✭✭✭✭muffler

You should probably post a few more details such as size of house, single or 2 storied, number of rooms, estimated no. of rads. etc.

I'll move this to the prices/costs sub forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 ConnieNonnie

Thanks for that muffler. TBH, I don't know the sq footage! It's a bungalow with the attic converted, iykwim. Before we changed the plans to incorporate living spacein the attic, the footprint was for an average sized 4bed bungalow.

It has 5 bedrooms, large open plan kitchen/living room, playroom and office.

We have 16 rads.

Advertisement