Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hernia Operation- Help.

Options
  • 24-11-2009 1:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,411 ✭✭✭

Hi All, there are a number of threads on this already but none with the answers i need.
    What is generally the waiting time for people who have had a sports Hernia or Hernia to get it operated on?

I was diagnosed with it 3 or 4 weeks back and i'm waiting on word back from a consultant.
    There is no visible lump, its only very slight but it prevents me from running or sprinting or kicking.

I play football, and at the moment it is the close season and it wont be back up and running until end of March or April.
    Recovery time is generally 8 weeks after surgery.

So public what is the waiting time?

Private if i decided to pay for it myself (as i cancelled my VHI due to pay cuts) what could i or my club expect to pay for it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,373 ✭✭✭Dr Galen

you can get waiting list info based on the hospitals your near via the HSE website.

privately (with no VHI) your looking a few a grand, and thats if there are no complications etc, remember you'll be paying the full cost of treatment if your self-funding it

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭drzhivago

whycliff wrote: »
    Hi All, there are a number of threads on this already but none with the answers i need.
    What is generally the waiting time for people who have had a sports Hernia or Hernia to get it operated on?

I was diagnosed with it 3 or 4 weeks back and i'm waiting on word back from a consultant.
    There is no visible lump, its only very slight but it prevents me from running or sprinting or kicking.

I play football, and at the moment it is the close season and it wont be back up and running until end of March or April.
    Recovery time is generally 8 weeks after surgery.

So public what is the waiting time?

Private if i decided to pay for it myself (as i cancelled my VHI due to pay cuts) what could i or my club expect to pay for it?
    If in GAA and injured in game, recorded by referee I understand they pay for private treatment

Most others sports have nothing o do with funding treatment

No idea how much would cost if you choose to pay it yourself

Advertisement