Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[REQUEST] Bulk Wine Order

Options
  • 24-11-2009 12:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,865 ✭✭✭

Morning all.

A couple of friends of mine are getting married, and they're looking to get a load of wine for as cheap as possible. Assuming 6 bottles per case, they're looking for:
    18 x cases of Red
    18 x cases of White
    20 x cases of Sparkling.

Anyone know of where would do a bulk discount? Delivery isn't really a problem, as they'll drive up from Cork to collect. But if delivery could be thrown in as well, it'd obviously be a bonus.

Please, and thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

if they are going to buy THAT much up north, I'd recommend they bring some evidence of the wedding (booking details of church & reception, etc), as you're unlikely to get over 300 bottle of wine across the border with them asking a few questions

in relation to the sparkling, if M&S do their '25% off when you buy 6' again before crimbo, you should be able to get 20 cases of sparkling cava for €675 (€33.75 per case, as mentioned in a previous bargain alert)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,002 ✭✭✭✭event

if they are going to buy THAT much up north, I'd recommend they bring some evidence of the wedding (booking details of church & reception, etc), as you're unlikely to get over 300 bottle of wine across the border with them asking a few questions

in relation to the sparkling, if M&S do their '25% off when you buy 6' again before crimbo, you should be able to get 20 cases of sparkling cava for €675 (€33.75 per case, as mentioned in a previous bargain alert)

who will ask a few questions?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tipsy Mac

event wrote: »
    who will ask a few questions?

Revenue could stop and seize your car and the alcohol as it is over the personal allowance of 90 litres per person.

http://www.revenue.ie/en/customs/leaflets/pn1878.html

Also Sainsburys have a 6 case maximum per person.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭C0N0R

Best bet would be France! But if thats not an option i guess the north is a good second place. I think your best bet would be a privately owned offlicence as the likes of tesco/sainsburys are unlikely to offer much of a discount. Ill be driving past a couple of places in the next few days and will ask if you want, what sort of red/white/sparkling are you looking for?

As regards customs if your stopped they probably wont be impressed! But otherwise plow on is my opinion, i saw a guy spend over £2000 on spirits in sainsburys one day :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,865 ✭✭✭Soarer

Thanks Conor.

I'll ask and PM you with the details. Keep an eye out on your Inbox! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 36 martinflynn

hi i dont no how to pm me but if you pm me iv the rite place for ya for any wine ye want

• Registered Users Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭RayCon

Soarer wrote: »
    18 x cases of Red
    18 x cases of White
    20 x cases of Sparkling.

Good Lord , thats 336 bottles :eek: , man that's a big wedding ....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 227 ✭✭dfcelt

Kumala is buy 1 case get 1 free at the moment in Makro belfast so 9 (+9free)
    of white would be 38.99 x 9 = 350.91 + 15.5% = 405.30 / .90 (todays rate give or take) = Total 450 euro for 18 cases of red or white.

So 900 would get you the wine.
    As for sparkling, I'm sure they have a similar offer for it or as another post said, M&S do a decent deal now and again.

Makro is about 15 minutes from Sprucefield Sainsbury's, this side of Belfast city. Its a trade only sort of place (ie you need a card) but the off licence section is through a different entrance & i know of plenty who regularly purchase in there without a trade card.
    Worth giving them a call to make sure you'd get in before travelling though.

I'd give you my card only its doing the rounds at the minute with relatives in the run up to Xmas :mad:

Heres an extract from current offers (offers expire 1st December) remember to add the VAT at 15.5%

• Registered Users Posts: 8,865 ✭✭✭Soarer

RayCon wrote: »
    Good Lord , thats 336 bottles :eek: , man that's a big wedding ....

It's two seperate weddings! ;)
    dfcelt wrote: »
    Kumala is buy 1 case get 1 free at the moment in Makro belfast so 9 (+9free)
    of white would be 38.99 x 9 = 350.91 + 15.5% = 405.30 / .90 (todays rate give or take) = Total 450 euro for 18 cases of red or white.

So 900 would get you the wine.
    As for sparkling, I'm sure they have a similar offer for it or as another post said, M&S do a decent deal now and again.

Makro is about 15 minutes from Sprucefield Sainsbury's, this side of Belfast city. Its a trade only sort of place (ie you need a card) but the off licence section is through a different entrance & i know of plenty who regularly purchase in there without a trade card.
    Worth giving them a call to make sure you'd get in before travelling though.

I'd give you my card only its doing the rounds at the minute with relatives in the run up to Xmas :mad:

Heres an extract from current offers (offers expire 1st December) remember to add the VAT at 15.5%

Thanks for that. Like I said, it's the buddies that are buying, so I'll be sure and pass on the details.

Advertisement