Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dormer extension

Options
  • 24-11-2009 10:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 32

Hi,
    I am thinking of getting an extension in my Dormer Bungalow in the up stairs at the back. This will entail two attic like windows to the back. The house is a semi and the extension will overlook my neighbours backyard which is already slight overlooked.

a) Do I need planning permission for this?

b) How do I go about getting this done. Do I need an architect?

c) In this extension I would like to put a family bathroom and a bedroom. The Gas boiler and Water tank are on the space the bathroom would be. Would one or both need to be moved?

d) Could someone be able to give a rough ball park on how much this might cost? (I wont be doing much of the work myself. I know this is difficult but just a guess will do)

Also I would like to knock the Bathroom on the group floor and add the space the living room. Then add a guest W.C. under the stairs. The ground flood has wooden beam flooring so I guess plumbing could be do under that.
    e) How much extra would that cost? Are my plumbing assumptions correct?

Kind regards, Kevin

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,863 ✭✭✭✭muffler

I think the best thing is for you to get a local architectural technician to have a look at it as there are all sorts of things planned that could well necessitate applying for permission.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 KevinC

Thanks Tom.
    If any planner/arch would like to PM me that would be great. Bear in mind that is his a fairly small job.

Kevin

KevinC wrote: »
    Thanks Tom.
    :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

muffler wrote: »
    Hahahaha....:D

You may well laugh :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,113 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

haha, tom thanks the post to steal the credit, well played

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,433 ✭✭✭sinnerboy

muffler wrote: »
    :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Do you see how one, single 3 letter word/name can change the whole complex of a thread :(

I'll get my coat

Advertisement