Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TUF 1O is the worst Ultimate Fighter

Options
  • 24-11-2009 1:20am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 44

Lets agree on something. TUF 10 is the worst installment of the series. It is a massive failure.

It has failed to show Kimbo as an accomplished MMA Fighter. He got massively out-classed by Roy Nelson. And now has the discovered his knee is blown out.

It has failed to deliver a Grudge Match...between Rampage and Evans...for the time being.

It has failed to re-introduce UFC veterans who usually faired quite well in previous TUFs. I was definitely expecting more from Wes Simms.

It has roll-backed UFCs work at establishing its fighters as skilled athletes. Some of the fights resembled two fat slobs on Night Cops in NACKERED throwing pittar patter punches blowing out their arses!

It has failed to bring in some hyper-athletes from the NFL...one of sports true bastions of superb athleticism.

Jesus it hasnt even been as funny as the other episodes.....

But most of all....Im sick of people saying..."did you see TUF....blah blah blah Rampage cant coach...Evans is a better boxer"

arghhhhhhhhhh!!!!!
    **** OFF TUF!!!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

Nobody ever expected it to show Kimbo as an accomplished mma fighter, quite the opposite infact

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭dunkamania

Maybe not the worst, but its pretty bad.

The lack of cardio is just painful.

Titties just got called back to the army. He is scheduled to fight on the finale, whether its for the final is unkown. It would be in keeping with this series if he were to win the thing and then spend the next year in Afganistan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 271 ✭✭RAMPAGE1

What the series has shown is that no matter what sport you practice or how fit you think you are the step up to MMA is a massive jump for most people including top athletes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭ginoginelli

It has been a bit of a letdown alright. The formula is just so stale now, they really need to mix it up a bit..

• Registered Users Posts: 41 maharg92

agree with you 100% i taught last years was the worst but somehow this one just completely out did it in badness and IMO the worst part is all the people watching TUF for the first time thinking its great but then dont have a clue about mma and are convinced rampage is going to ko rashad with the first punch and don't believe me when i tell them the fight is off

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭Bodhidharma

The problem here is that they are all heavyweights. These are very big men and their cardio is not at the level to carry their weight for sufficient time. It's the same with heavyweight boxers, what they have in power they lose in speed and fitness.

In saying that, they dont have much personality either. All the other series involved lots of drinking and arguing which was fun to watch. This series has a bunch of boring guys sitting around a pool.

The coaches are ok. I like Evans but Rampage is just an idiot.

Next year they should have two weights, lightweight and welterweight, and have two old school coaches like Miletich and Hughes.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,046 ✭✭✭muckwarrior

Instead of scripting stupid pranks I wish they'd just show more of the training. I for one would like to see what kind of circuits and drills these guys do. But I guess chickens in cars and pissing in people's food is what appeals to the masses. :confused:

I gave up watching about 2 or 3 weeks ago. Watching Rampage and Rashad act like a pair of 6 year olds was bad enough but most of the guys on the show I find I really don't like either. I think this season will reinforce the perception that fighters are knuckeheads which annoys me. The fights have been rubbish, every week they use the angle of "so and so has a sore knee, will kimbo slice step in for him, stay tuned" . . . . Awful stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 syncsyncboot

The problem here is that they are all heavyweights. These are very big men and their cardio is not at the level to carry their weight for sufficient time. It's the same with heavyweight boxers, what they have in power they lose in speed and fitness.

Nonsense! - 2 x 5 minute rounds is what they are asked to do!!!! ... take away the face that the first minute involves the two circling trying to look good and that makes 2 x 4 minute rounds.... no come on but any Pro - Heavyweight that you have the the luck of catching on Tv could do that. They are not poor heavy guys. They are PROFESSIONAL FULL-TIME ATHLETES for their time on TUF - with a team of coaches and doctors and nutritionists.

It's awful stuff.

In my most recent memory Haye and Valuev "went at it" for 36 minutes....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭Lord Muck

i think its probably the worst too , and thats saying something after series 9 . The show is meant to unearth a new contender for the heavyweight division, but i doubt Lesnar,Nog and Carwin are loosing any sleep looking at those guys in the house

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭Bodhidharma

Nonsense! - 2 x 5 minute rounds is what they are asked to do!!!! ... take away the face that the first minute involves the two circling trying to look good and that makes 2 x 4 minute rounds.... no come on but any Pro - Heavyweight that you have the the luck of catching on Tv could do that. They are not poor heavy guys. They are PROFESSIONAL FULL-TIME ATHLETES for their time on TUF - with a team of coaches and doctors and nutritionists.

It's awful stuff.

In my most recent memory Haye and Valuev "went at it" for 36 minutes....

I'm not disagreeing, my point was that heavyweights by their nature are slower and tend to lumber around the ring more than smaller guys. I've said throughout the series that their cardio has been an absolute disgrace. Its just that I feel its more likely to occur in larger men.

Haye and Valuev was for a world title, these guys are more similar to guys you see in that Prize Fighter competition on Sky Sports. Brock Lesnar is bigger than most on TUF but his cardio would be of a world championship standard, which these guys are a long way off.

Advertisement