Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pre-hung doors

Options
  • 23-11-2009 10:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

Can anyone recommend a good place to buy pre-hung doors within reach of Longford?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭FergusD

Try:

http://www.deantawood.com/

I've seen the door's in Lynn's of Rathconrath, Co. Westmeath and they look the part. They seem to be widely available if you check the stockists on the website. I haven't bought doors yet, so I don't know how they sit price wise, etc.

Fergus.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭soldsold

There is a door place beside the renault garage on the tullamore road out of Mullingar, I spent about an hour there recently talking to the guy who runs the place and he really knows his stuff, gave great advice on all aspects of hinges, sliding doors, hanging doors, door kits, etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭reilig

Seadec in Ferbane in Offaly. Bought my oak doors from them at €200 per door and Kit. The door place in Mullingar beside the Renault wanted €370 for the same door kit.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 KG_SouthTipp

Hi Reilig,

That is an excellent price, was the oak door a "shaker" style. I am assuming that included your architrave?
    Did you get a price for skirting?
    Thanks alot,

Kieran

Hi Reilig,

That is an excellent price, was the oak door a "shaker" style. I am assuming that included your architrave?
    Did you get a price for skirting?
    Thanks alot,

Kieran

It wasn't for a shaker door, but they were the same price. It included door, frame, saddle, and adjustable architrave, but not the handle - bought the handles for €12 extra - and got what I wanted. Skirting was €6 per meter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 rustytimber

Thanks for the replies folks. I think the place beside Renault in Mullingar has closed (Allied Doorways). Bought some doors there before but anytime I pass now it looks closed up. Or have they moved?

Thanks for the replies folks. I think the place beside Renault in Mullingar has closed (Allied Doorways). Bought some doors there before but anytime I pass now it looks closed up. Or have they moved?

Think that place has closed allright, I was by it yesterday and it looked cleared out. If you're in Longford, go into Ganly's. They can get you pre hung doors on order.

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭Slates

Is there any Joiners in NI supplying good quality per-hung doors ???

Slates wrote: »
    Is there any Joiners in NI supplying good quality per-hung doors ???

Clarkes in Enniskillen - but they are more expensive than southern suppliers.

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭Slates

Has anyone here used Nenagh pre-hung doors or Cahir pre-hung door in Co.Tipp ???

• Advertisement
Advertisement