Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom line contention

Options
  • 23-11-2009 9:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Im sure im not the only one with this problem. I live in carrigaline co.cork and from 4pm to 12pm my internet speeds plummet. Im with eircom and on the 7mb package, any other time of the day ive around 6mbps but during 4-12 its so shockingly slow.

631570456.png

Does anyone know where i should go from here because this is going on 3 months. I called eircom and they didnt give a stuff

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭danny004

Its the very same in Ringaskiddy 2 miles over the road. Im with Vodafone on the 7Meg package and between the hours you stated very same issue. I called vodafone reported the issue and went through checks with them every night for three weeks until eventually I gave up. Its very annoying paying for this and the service I receive. I am thinking of going to comreg but I think whats the point.

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭Smyth

Same in Monaghan. Lots of exchanges are due for bandwidth upgrades this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Niallt3

Smyth wrote: »
    Same in Monaghan. Lots of exchanges are due for bandwidth upgrades this week.

Oh good. Can only hope mines one of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Niallt3

Called eircom support again today, they tried to ping my router but couldnt. They're sending out a technician within 3-5 working days. Making some headway i guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,796 ✭✭✭Xcellor

Niallt3 wrote: »
    Called eircom support again today, they tried to ping my router but couldnt. They're sending out a technician within 3-5 working days. Making some headway i guess.

For anyone who is suffering problems like this, you need to report it to Eircom and if it isn't resolved within a week escalate it to an official complaint. Contact Comreg with teh complaint id.

Comreg have no power to force Eircom to do anything however if the service is clearly not what you are paying for Comreg request Eircom release you from contractual obligations.

You have to complain and keep complaining. Every day if needs be. They will ignore you unless you make it difficult for them. This goes for any reseller Vodafone/UTV/Perlico/Digiweb/Smart etc.

X

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭douglasman

Niallt3 wrote: »

If you are using Eircom's standard modern router (The Silver Netopia 2247), then it is configured by default not to respond to pings, it has a very basic firewall installed.

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭Smyth

Eircom updated a lot of exchanges today. My service is back on track (although i'm with BT it makes no difference. Same line.)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Smyth wrote: »
    Eircom updated a lot of exchanges today. My service is back on track (although i'm with BT it makes no difference. Same line.)

any idea which exchanges they did? might explain the unbelieveably poor net im getting atm

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

mine it terribly bad (dooradoyle exchange)

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭danny004

Is the link below the list of exchanges that are going to get a bandwidth increase or is that something else. If below is the list of exchanges that most of us will have to live with this dire service until after christmas at least
    http://broadbandsupport.eircom.net/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE/&/?St=179&E=0000000000197197185&K=9108&SXI=7&E=0000000000197197185&St=179&K=9108&SXI=7&case=8109&branch=4

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

danny004 wrote: »
    Is the link below the list of exchanges that are going to get a bandwidth increase or is that something else. If below is the list of exchanges that most of us will have to live with this dire service until after christmas at least
    http://broadbandsupport.eircom.net/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE/&/?St=179&E=0000000000197197185&K=9108&SXI=7&E=0000000000197197185&St=179&K=9108&SXI=7&case=8109&branch=4

im not remotely near the places currently getting an upgrade or getting it soon. and its not the dns servers either. its genuinely going terrible. 12kb down and 8kb up, absolute rubbish

Advertisement