Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dipsticks

Options
  • 23-11-2009 7:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,646 ✭✭✭

Can anyone tell me if urine dipsticks are freely available to buy OTC? Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,143 ✭✭✭locum-motion

dragona wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me if urine dipsticks are freely available to buy OTC? Thanks!

Shouldn't be a problem, but what do you want to test for?
    And why would you want to?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,646 ✭✭✭dragona

Shouldn't be a problem, but what do you want to test for?
    And why would you want to?

For ongoing, chronic hematuria,sometimes microscopic, sometimes gross,for my own peace of mind really!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,143 ✭✭✭locum-motion

For haematuria, you'd need somthing along the lines of Multistix, which will be alot more expensive than testing for say glucose or ketones. Ask your pharmacist to order them if they don't have them in stock.

I know you said it was for your own peace of mind, but nevertheless you should have a chat to your doctor about whether there's any advantage in self testing. (I'm presuming that you've already consulted your doctor about cause etc)

Advertisement