Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Moon Soundtrack

Options
  • 23-11-2009 4:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭

I know New Moon isn't exactly the best film out at the moment (to say the least :P) but what does everyone think of the soundtrack? There's a lot of great alternative/indie acts on it, such as Thom Yorke, Grizzly Bear, Bon Iver etc...

My favourite tracks have to be No Sound But The Wind by Editors, and Slow Life by Grizzly Bear :) It's nice to see such a big movie using good music on the soundtrack. Hopefully it'll get a generation of teenage girls interested in good music :D

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Death Cab have the lead single too, not their best but keeps in the vein of the thread

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

death cab for cutie and editors are the best artists on the soundtrack for me death cabs song is great havent seen the movie yet but i say the music wiuld sound great

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Sútalún

Aye, soundtrack is top notch. Had to listen when I heard Thom Yorke had a song on it. I wonder how they convinced him to be on it!? Wouldn't say he's a big fan of the film. Editors and Grizzly Bear songs are also very good imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭aaf

lordgoat wrote: »
    Death Cab have the lead single too, not their best but keeps in the vein of the thread
    Terrible. You've got some neck with that comment. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 shane154

Say what you want about the films but the soundtracks are top notch! Lykke Li's 'Possibility' is my favourite atm..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭Kevin Bacon

The soundtrack is really well done but honestly....

Could you deal with the burning shame of actual buying this in a shop or someone seeing it on your itunes.

No amount of "but the music is class, i swear i dont like the film, I SWEAR!" would stop the slagging..:P

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭Soul Cake Duck

Tom Yorkes' song Hearing Damage is amazing and it fits very well in the scene its played in..makes it actually.. so glad I went to see the film now just for that song!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

The day i listen to a Death Cab song called meet me at the equinox is the day I follow someone into the dark. There's selling out and then there's writing a song specifically for a Twilight movie

• Registered Users Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭Daysha

That remix of I Belong to You by Muse is shocking.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭ElaElaElano

Bubs101 wrote: »
    The day i listen to a Death Cab song called meet me at the equinox is the day I follow someone into the dark.

Pun of the year!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭L.T.D

Terrible remix of a Muse song that is probably my favourite on the album.

'Death Cab's song really suits the film

I'm 'Meh' about everything else though

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

haven't listened to the soundtrack bar the DCFC song.

suffice to say i really hope it was a once off.

Pun of the year!

Pun? Not sure if there's one in that sentence.

aaf wrote: »
    Terrible. You've got some neck with that comment. :rolleyes:

Please do explain this wonderful sentence.:rolleyes:

Pun? Not sure if there's one in that sentence.

If you want to be pedantic...the song's called I will follow you into the dark, fair enough. I thought it was funny anyway.

If you want to be pedantic...the song's called I will follow you into the dark, fair enough. I thought it was funny anyway.

I know what the song's called but there is still no pun in that sentence. But yes you're right about it being a funny post.

I know what the song's called but there is still no pun in that sentence. But yes you're right about it being a funny post.

Oh...that must be why I only got a C in the leaving cert :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭aaf

Please do explain this wonderful sentence.:rolleyes:
    Don't know if you're serious or not: vein - neck - new moon - vampire movie. Geddit?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

L.T.D wrote: »
    Terrible remix of a Muse song that is probably my favourite on the album.
    Unfortunately I have seen the film, they use this in the background for about 10 seconds.

aaf wrote: »
    Don't know if you're serious or not: vein - neck - new moon - vampire movie. Geddit?

While i do love a good word play, i was innocent on this count!

• Advertisement
Advertisement