Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Triton Shower Whining Noise, no hot water

Options
  • 23-11-2009 4:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭

HI, i wonder if someone could help me.

On sat morning the shower all of a sudden started this real loud whining noise, following this the hot water supply stopped.

turned it off left it till yesterday evening and turned it on, for the first 5 seconds it sounded normal & had normal pressure but then the whining noise started and the water pressure dropped right off to a drizzle of cold.

the shower's only 5 months old.

for what its worth due to the floods water pressure/mains were switched off in the area on saturday also.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭foundry

Exact same thing happened to my triton. Loud high pitched noise like the motor was goin' 90.

Fear not!!

Triton showers are under guarantee for 2 yrs.

I called this number (01-6286711) gave my details (name, address, phone number and model no. wrote on shower - no receipt or anything needed) and a man was out to fix it within a week. Now its perfect again!

Un~getoutable

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

is the shower mains fed, or tank fed ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭bamboozle

is the shower mains fed, or tank fed ?

its a power shower hooked up to solar panels so i'm guessing its tank fed for the hot water, not sure where the feed for the cold comes from

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭barney150

more than likely its limescale blocking the filter. Easy to fix but get someone to show you first time around

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

If its a power shower it does not heat the water it draws the water from the cylinder. If it has stopped there is a blockage the thermostat has stopped or the pump has developed a fault. You can test the pump by running cold.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭bamboozle

If its a power shower it does not heat the water it draws the water from the cylinder. If it has stopped there is a blockage the thermostat has stopped or the pump has developed a fault. You can test the pump by running cold.

this is what i did, there was an air lock, took off the shower head, ran it on full cold water for 5 minutes, then on hot for another 5 minutes. Problem solved. thanks

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 994 Mod ✭✭✭✭LookBehindYou

if the shower is starved of water, you need to turn on cold for a minute to prime it and then carry on as normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Idioteque

if the shower is starved of water, you need to turn on cold for a minute to prime it and then carry on as normal.

9 years later and this thread is one of the first that shows up in Google and you save me €60 call out

• Registered Users Posts: 16,917 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Idioteque wrote:
    9 years later and this thread is one of the first that shows up in Google and you save me €60 call out

€70 call out now

Advertisement