Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

so scared

Options
  • 23-11-2009 3:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

hi all im hopefully going to be a new mom n april, im so happy to be pregnant although it came as a bit of a shock at first, the only thing is im so frightened something will go wrong, that illl loose the baby i keep hearing horror stories of babies not making it full term and im so frightened it will happen to us.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭crazy cat lady

Congratulations :)

Everything you are feeling is quite normal. Its just human nature to worry about a pregnancy and you'll find every woman on this forum has worried in some way about their growing babies.

However, you shouldn't let the worry overwhelm you. Yes you do hear horror stories, but believe me they are in the minority. How many people do you know who have had healthy babies? Look around you, especially when you go shopping. Everywhere is full of babies!

At the end of the day, what will be will be, and as long as you look after yourself and your baby the best you can, theres not much you can do to change the course of your pregnancy.

You must be over the 12 week stage so the risk of miscarriage is very small now. Take comfort in any pregnancy symptoms you are feeling and see them as reassurance that all is going well. You'll feel much better when you can feel the baby moving and kicking too.

Pregnancy is a time to worry and be extra cautious, but its also a time to be enjoyed. It wont last forever and it may never happen again. While everything is going well, why waste time, energy and emotions worrying about what might go wrong? Enjoy the here and now!

It might help to go for a private scan, or to invest in a doppler so that you can listen to your baby at home. This might provide extra reassurance.

Anyway, I hope this helps! I'm speaking from experience... I wish I had relaxed a little more earlier in my pregnancy!

Good luck! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 25 wh23

Argos sell a baby heart beat monitor.you get two sets of earphones and a wire that connects to your computer so you can record the heatbeats.its very good,costs about 30euro and it puts our minds at rest if we dont feel a kick or any movement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭bogtotty

Hiya, I think most parents-to-be go through similar feelings. If you want general chat and support with other mums-to-be, have a look at www.rollercoaster.ie - it's like boards.ie for pregnant girls and new parents. I wouldn't be sane without it.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Irish-Princess

Hi Hi, congrats on your pregnancy :D i'm due my first next month

Its of no comfort but I think all pregnant women go through this, there were so many horror stories that I heard to and I am constantly worrying, but thats what mammy's do, we worry before they are even born and will worry about them for the rest of our lives. What i found helped was looking up positive birth and pregnancy stories instead of listening to the horror stories. Rollercoaster.ie is brilliant you should defo check it out.

try not to worry (i know its hard not to, cause i always did lol) good luck with the rest of your pregnancy :D;):p

Advertisement