Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Roy Chubby Brown. Disgusting Little Pig or A Good Kick In The PC Brigade's Arse?

Options
  • 23-11-2009 2:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭

I'm starting this in response to another thread where Ian Perth made valid points but the mods want to keep the thread on topic. So have your say here in all it's legitimacy.

I don't exactly loose sleep over him, but there's no doubt about it in my opinion, he's a dumb ass little bigot peddling lowest common denominator muck with the onstage persona of a pie munching clown that should never be allowed do any babysitting.

Roy Chubby Brown is......... 17 votes

A Disgusting Little Pig
    0% 0 votes
    A Good Kick In The PC Brigade's Arse
    70% 12 votes
    Atari Chubby Jaguar
    29% 5 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

I don't mind non-PC stuff when it's said in an ironic or tongue in cheek, intelligent way (e.g. Richard Herring can pull this off). But Roy Chubby Brown is just unfunny and offensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭am i bovvered

not offended by him.....he just is not funny

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

He's just an unfunny racist.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 244 ✭✭pjbrady1

I don't believe he is a racist as he mixed with plenty of people from all races on his documentary last year and didn't seem all that moved by anyones presence. But his humour is old style "up North" four square 'ard lad type stuff with alot of racial stereotypes. Which was popular in the 70's.
    But I'm not sure racial stereotypes are necessarily racist seeing as he is not proclaiming them to be true and he didn't invent these stereotypes himself, they're only words and ideas.
    You could construe that Chris Rock was much more racist with his famous sketch about n***as. It's main ideas:
    - Poor black guys rob you at the ATM.
    - Poor black guys don't get no work while other people can get two jobs. -
    - Poor black people say "I send my kids to school".
    That sketch is fed to the audience with no dilution through irony/denial of any of the ideas talked about. The defence that "Chris is black so it's okay" was weak seeing as Chris Rock was not saying it about all black people in America, but phrasing his sketch that Poor Black people are like this. Which isn't racist either, that's prejudiced.
    I don't believe legally a comedian can be racist on stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

Roy Chubby Brown has his own audience, they prob wouldnt normally go to comedy gigs. He appeals to them because of his persona, I dont find him that funny but I do think he's a nice guy. I saw the documentary a while ago, it was funny/ironic when him and his mates were seated and talking about not letting Indians come into their home because they dont mix but then one guy says, "anyone for a curry?"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,705 ✭✭✭Johro

What an idiot. And like most idiots, he appeals to idiots. Like wotsisface of the BNP. Brothers in harm. Sad.

Advertisement