Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Limerick City Macra Club

Options
  • 23-11-2009 1:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭

There is a new Macra club forming in Limerick City.Macra na Feirme is a national, voluntary organisation for young people between the ages of 17 and 35. The organisation aims to promote agricultural and rural development and the personal development of its members.Macra promotes social and cultural education, and the widening of interests among rural youth.

There will be a meeting in Collins Bar in Dooradoyle on Wednesday 25th November at 8.30pm.

Contact Lisa 086-4085877 for more information.
    http://www.macra.ie/

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭Liam79

wouldnt this be better on the County Limerick page, not the city page?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Well,the meeting is in Dooradoyle and its a "City" Macra club

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭limklad

jackncoke wrote: »
    Well,the meeting is in Dooradoyle and its a "City" Macra club
    According the Limerick County Council and anPost, Dooradoyle is in the county, not city.
    Well From a Farmers perceptive it is part of the city. There is no major Farms in Dooradoyle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

limklad wrote: »
    According the Limerick County Council and anPost, Dooradoyle is in the county, not city.
    Well From a Farmers perceptive it is part of the city. There is no major Farms in Dooradoyle.

Do you regularly post and comment about things you know nothing about ? :rolleyes:

I was in Macra for years and thoroughly enjoyed it, learning new things, doing stage shows, drama and activities, weekends away, making new friends all around the country, etc. Still in touch with quite a lot of them!

Wouldn't have missed it for the world. And BTW, I'm not and have never been involved in farming or agriculture.

Next time you decide to post about an organisation, educate yourself on what it does, first.

OP, best of luck with the new club!
    There is no major Farms in Dooradoyle.

Can't remember if they have grammar lessons in Macra; but they do have a couple of education programmes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭limklad

Liam Byrne wrote: »
    Do you regularly post and comment about things you know nothing about ? :rolleyes:

I was in Macra for years and thoroughly enjoyed it, learning new things, doing stage shows, drama and activities, weekends away, making new friends all around the country, etc. Still in touch with quite a lot of them!

Wouldn't have missed it for the world. And BTW, I'm not and have never been involved in farming or agriculture.

Next time you decide to post about an organisation, educate yourself on what it does, first.

OP, best of luck with the new club!

Can't remember if they have grammar lessons in Macra; but they do have a couple of education programmes.
    It does not bother me if you did nor did not enjoy macra or if you are/not member of Macra.
    I only made a comments about geography and city boundaries andif you listened or read the news over the last decades about Limerick city council attempts on extending their city boundaries into castletroy and Raheen/Dooradoyle areas, then you would know that Dooradoyle is not part of the city. It is a surburb of Limerick city i.e. not part of the city. Limerick "County" Council still administer it and is not willing to give it up. http://www.lcc.ie

Also You displayed your ignorance here and bold assumptions on what other really think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭Pikasso

Now girls!

I think the Limerick City forum is the correct place for any postings concerning Raheen/Dooradoyle

I live in Mungret, Co Limerick (on the outskirts of Dooradoyle/Raheen) but find that very little in the County Limerick section of Boards relates to me - it the city section I go to daily to keep informed.

A city Macra club is a great idea, littlemissteach, and I wish you all well. (And let's hope the narrow minded people stay well away!! LOL)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

I only made a comments about geography and city boundaries...

Absolute bull. You said :

Occupations have nothing to do with geography. :rolleyes:

Are you seriously suggesting that your comment meant that a farmer (small "F" by the way, unless it's a surname) living in Abbeyfeale would somehow have a different view of where the "city boundary" was than the architect living next door to him ? :rolleyes:

I know precisely where the boundary is; the river / railway at the Crescent.
    Also You displayed your ignorance here and bold assumptions on what other really think.

Unless you have some neighbours called Mr & Mrs Farmer who are a bit slow and thick, then I'm not the one doing the above. :rolleyes:

Advertisement