Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dubstep in Dublin?

Options
  • 23-11-2009 1:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭

Hey guys, after being in Canada for the last year Ive developed an insatiable appetite for dubstep! Are there any places doing dubstep nights anywhere? Any suggestions are greatly welcomed!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭paulelectronica

reach put on regular dubstep nights on in Dublin , mala from digital mystic played at the weekend .
    go here man
    http://www.irishdubstep.com/ you`ll get all listings there and theres a forum also

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭kevthecelt

Thank you very much!

no worries , getting in dubstep myself but still prefer drum n bass .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,791 ✭✭✭electrogrimey

MUD in the Twisted Pepper is a good night, it's on Fridays right? Last time I was there the DJs were playing their own stuff live.

MUD in the Twisted Pepper is a good night, it's on Fridays right? Last time I was there the DJs were playing their own stuff live.

was that skream and benga ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,791 ✭✭✭electrogrimey

was that skream and benga ?

No no, it was just a few Dublin guys, it was the Friday before halloween, it was '!Kaboogie present Scan One and !Kaboogie DJs'.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Fisted Leper on a Friday for the win....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭Executive Steve

Easy - Friday in the Twisted Pepper is basically the home in Dublin for anything bass-related; we (REACH) do a monthly slot in there, alternating between Dubstep and DnB; forthcoming in early 2010 we have 2562, Kode 9, Randall & Kenny Ken and a load more that i can't think of at the moment because i'm grappling with a residual hangover froma three day whiskey bender and i'm dying of a cold.

The Wobble lads and the Kaboogie! heads also do Dubstep in the Twisted Pepper on a Friday night, and there's another crew called Ultradub who do stuff upstairs in the small room in there on Fridays too.

There's also a smaller crew called STANDARD! who have been doing Garage / Funky / Dubstep things around town, but I'm not sure where they're based now because they've been through a few venue hassles the past while... They have a wicked radio show on 106.4FM at 9pm on Saturday though; links to all their archives are on http://smokelessfuels.blogspot.com/

Advertisement