Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electronics in the North

Options
  • 23-11-2009 12:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭

Am heading up to Newry & Belfast this week and am just wondering if anyone knows any good retailers to get TV's and digital cameras.

I have looked on the currys website and most of the good deals are home delivery only, but not to the south of course!

Also does anybody know if currys in newry are taking euro for sterling?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭Guru Maith Agut

lobber wrote: »
    Also does anybody know if currys in newry are taking euro for sterling?

Yes they do.

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭alowe

Yes they do.

Are they doing € = £ ? Excellent if thats the case ... will save even more when buying tv.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭netwhizkid

I am planning to go up to Belfast around 2 or 3 weeks time and have my eye on a Sat Nav that is €200 in the ROI and the equivelent of around €160 up north, and this is only between the NI & ROI Argos stores which are a ripoff anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,865 ✭✭✭Soarer

alowe wrote: »
    Are they doing € = £ ? Excellent if thats the case ... will save even more when buying tv.

I think what they mean is you can pay the sterling equivalent in euro, not sterling=euro.

I could be wrong though.:o

• Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭Guru Maith Agut

alowe wrote: »

Highly unlikely as sterling is .90p to €1.00 now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭greenman09

Its .87 in the banks down here. I got a tv last xmas in argos in sprucefield. 480pounds 3days aft xmas. Same down here 800e. Rate on the day .94. Dont think it'll get this high this year tho. On the day i tried currys and argos. And the best deal was argos although currys may have media players and sound systems as part of their offers. Happy shopping :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 martinflynn

i was up north on monday gone and there was a lot of shops up there giving 1pound for 1euro none of the big stores giving in doe asda was giving the best they were givin 86.4 for one euro
    everywhere else was giving less

• Registered Users Posts: 14,321 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭lobber

OK so to update for convenience I got everything I needed from Currys in the city centre. A tv, digital camera & accessories, Wii & 4 games all for £800. priced them here and it comes to well over €1300.

Saved heaps on items for impending baby arrival such as buggy travel system clothing bottles etc....

The tiring journey paid off!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26 MarysCross

You can talk to Richersounds on Boards.ie Biz > Talk To > Richer Sounds

There's three in the Newry area listed here http://www.innewry.com/shopping/domestic-appliances/

Advertisement