Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

no cold air or hot air 00 punto

Options
  • 23-11-2009 11:31am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14

Right here comes the FIAT jokes!!!fix it again tomorrow hhaha!!!

ive changed all the fuses in the car and still the fan isnt working to get the fan working..cant find the problem but the fan isnt blowing cold air or hot air!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭blueyedson

Other things to check would be the fan relay. Might be a relay to swap with the one for the fan.

To check the fan you could connect 12v from the battery directly to the fan motor.

I have a manual at home I can check this evening if you need info from electrical diagram.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 chloestacey

i would really appreciate that if you could look.ive tried everything i could think off with the fuses and i dont want to leave it to a mechanic and get charged an arm and a leg for a 10 - 15 min job if it turns out to be that quick

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭galwaydude18

I had the very same problem. There is a wire just under the glove box and if you turn the fan on and wiggle the wire around it will come back on for you.. My mechanic reckons the connector heats up when you have the fan on very hot for long periods and the connectors become a bit loose.. Try it and see does it sort the problem out for you..

ill give it a try see what happens!it wouldnt surprise me with the way connections are in cars,believe it or not i had a problem simialir with my corsa radio!ill give it a go and get back to you all on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭slickmcvic

...heater fan motor could be gone...mine went last year...around €200 to fix!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭Mailman

is the fan blowing at all? not obvious to me from previous posts that it is.
    if it is blowing but you are getting neither hot nor cold air then check there is coolant in the engine.
    if the fan is blowing but you are not getting hot air out of it. check coolant before driving the car further.

right well i tried the wire under the glovebox but nothing.

@mailman i turn the cold air on and nothing,the fan doesnt move.

@ slickmcvic if all else fails ill drop it in to a mechanic.

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭blueyedson

The relay to switch on this fan is relay 8 (according to my haynes book). You could swap with relay 6 which is for the engine cooling fan. May not fix you prob ,but worth eliminating. The relays should be in the fusebox near the battery.

The book shows the fan motor in behind the passanger facia. There is also a fan resistor which could also be faulty.

You could also try fiat forums, there is a good one with lots of threads and info on faults (believe it or not!)

i replaced the fuse at 8 but did nothing,will try replace rep 6 toorrow.will find a fiat forum and see what d story is.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,179 ✭✭✭✭L1011

www.fiatforum.com, nice and simple one to find...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,429 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Fiat forum is an excellent site, got me out of a lot of trouble over the years

Advertisement