Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apple Store Black Friday November 27 (free shipping)

Options
  • 23-11-2009 11:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭

I knwo this may be a bit early but just a head up on possible bargains at the Apple store. See blurb below.

The special Apple one-day shopping event. November 27.

Come back to the Apple Online Store this Friday for a special one-day-only shopping event. You’ll find lots of great iPod, iPhone and Mac gift ideas — all with free shipping.

Put it in your calendar now. Until then, start by browsing the Apple Online Store to find iPod, iPhone and Mac gifts for everyone on your lis

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,835 ✭✭✭✭Basq

It's always disappointing unfortunately!

2007, 2008

• Registered Users Posts: 8,865 ✭✭✭Soarer

To kinda tie into this, there's some new Apple shop place opening this Friday on Patrick Street in Cork. As an opening special, there's 11% off everything.

Don't know what the original prices are going to be though.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭DavidCochrane

Soarer wrote: »
    To kinda tie into this, there's some new Apple shop place opening this Friday on Patrick Street in Cork. As an opening special, there's 11% off everything.

11% is very good - considering approved education discounts are between 6% and 10%.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,117 ✭✭✭Talisman

If I recall correctly there was a massive €11 off the iPod Nano, about €20 off other iPods and €50 off MacBooks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭BArra

where on patrick st is this new apple shop, what shops are next to it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭alastair_doom

BArra wrote: »
    where on patrick st is this new apple shop, what shops are next to it?

http://www.compub.com/s1te/index.php?option=com_contact&view=contact&id=2&Itemid=102
    17 Opera Lane,
    Patrick Street
    Cork

E-mail: sales@compub.com
    Telephone: 1850 66 8888
    Fax: 061 440155
    http://www.compub.com

• Registered Users Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Kevin!

Hopefully there will be a nice reduction on the iMac :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭branners69

I'm in the market for a 64gb ipod touch.

I have seen it on ebay for €290 delivered so they will want to beat that!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

branners69 wrote: »
    I'm in the market for a 64gb ipod touch.

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 4,845 ✭✭✭RayCon

Im pontentially in the Market for an 8gb iTouch ... current best price I can see is Powercity at €179.99 ... will be interesting to see what Apple pitch it at during their sale on Fri ... tbh Im not expecting much ...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,468 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Kevin! wrote: »
    Hopefully there will be a nice reduction on the iMac :D

It's a reduction of 101 dollars for the yanks so that should give you an idea of what to expect. I'd be surprised if the iPods were reduced by more than 20 - 30 euro for the top end iPod.

It's a reduction of 101 dollars for the yanks so that should give you an idea of what to expect. I'd be surprised if the iPods were reduced by more than 20 - 30 euro for the top end iPod.

dam, I was hoping the discount would be roughly 100€, have to wait and see I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭shnaek

Says on the site that it's opening on Saturday at 11.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,865 ✭✭✭Soarer

Saturday it is then.

TBH I only heard the ad in passing, and thought it was Friday they said.
    Wasn't too far out though! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭dave oc

http://www.macrumors.com/2009/11/23/new-apple-black-friday-sale-leak/

Its not official, and it is only rumor but it seems silimilar to what apple have offered in the past.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭shnaek

Saturday it is then.

TBH I only heard the ad in passing, and thought it was Friday they said.
    Wasn't too far out though! :o

Cheers for posting it up as I wouldn't have known about it otherwise. I'll be there on Saturday anyways :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,468 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Kevin! wrote: »
    dam, I was hoping the discount would be roughly 100€, have to wait and see I guess.

I'd say you'd get that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭Ogham

RayCon wrote: »
    Im pontentially in the Market for an 8gb iTouch ... current best price I can see is Powercity at €179.99 ... will be interesting to see what Apple pitch it at during their sale on Fri ... tbh Im not expecting much ...

You'll get it here at Amazon for around €163 delivered.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,523 ✭✭✭jaffa20

Thinking about buying the new mac so hope there'll be a nice discount on friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭mckildare

As long as the new 32gb touch doesnt go for less than 209 ill be happy, got mine for that price a couple weeks ago (wait for someone to go to the states then give them the dollars!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭gleep

Save an extra 2% here at the apple store. :D

**Mods please remove if this is deemed advertising**

gleep wrote: »
    Save an extra 2% here at the apple store. :D

**Mods please remove if this is deemed advertising**

How do I claim the 2% back?

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭gleep

You need to sign up to bethrifty and click through the link to apple store. When you make your purchase, you will earn 2% commission on whatever you spend. This will be paid to you by bethrifty.ie after a period of approx. 30 days (to ensure you don't return the product).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭alastair_doom

Sales online now. €168 for an 8gig ipod Touch (€21 off):

http://store.apple.com/ie/browse/home/shop_ipod/family/ipod_touch?mco=MTAyNTQzMDY

• Registered Users Posts: 4,523 ✭✭✭jaffa20

load of crap. Nothing of a macbook. i'm not happy.:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭RATM

mckildare wrote: »
    As long as the new 32gb touch doesnt go for less than 209 ill be happy, got mine for that price a couple weeks ago (wait for someone to go to the states then give them the dollars!)

They are actually not that cheap in the States at the mo. A mate is an air hostess and she priced them in Orlando for me last week. An iPod Touch 32GB was $299 which comes out to €200. Amazon have them for £205 with free delivery which is €225. You'll get an 11% discount buying from the US, not really worth it imo.

Apple seem to have an uncanny knack of fixing their prices closely regardless of the tax regime they operate within.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

Are they worth the money? The wife has a 4 year old iPod, worth upgrading?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

Dickerty wrote: »
    Are they worth the money? The wife has a 4 year old iPod, worth upgrading?

Get a used one on adverts. I picked up a 16gb touch for €120. Not a mark on it, came with box and receipt...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭robo

http://store.apple.com/ie/browse/home/shop_ipod/family/ipod_touch?mco=MTAyNTQzMDY

Had a look at this also as was going to buy one next weekend in Argos in Sprucefield(North). Just checked Argos UK and it is £149, which is about €164, only a few euro cheaper. You can say petrol and all that, but I am going up anyway for the weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭Orlaithc9

Just bought a ipod nano 8gb this morning for €128 from the Apple Store...with free engraving and free postage. I went through bethrify.ie and I am expecting a 2% return on my purchase so I got the ipod for €125.44....which is alright I suppose...wondering if anyone else got a better deal?

Advertisement