Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recession breakfast.

Options
  • 23-11-2009 9:40am
    Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,634 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Just wondering where the best value full breakfast is in these economically tough times?

Good coffee (with free refills) would be a good start.

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,634 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Target is €6 all in btw. Is this hopelessly optimistic?

p.s. I was in the UK recently, and STG£3 would get you a full breakfast in a choice of places.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭The Bull O'Shea

Its 11 euros for the full breakfast in the Mill in O'Briens Bridge. Daylight robbery for a fry up

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,634 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

That's nuts.

Jaffas in Henry Street isn't bad. About €6.50 for a small Irish but no free refills. Going to try the Yellow Lemon today.

p.s. The Wild Onion is off the list unfortunately. Had a bad expereience there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭bluefinger

p.s. I was in the UK recently, and STG£3 would get you a full breakfast in a choice of places.

Wetherspoons do a 99p breakfast.

bluefinger wrote: »
    Wetherspoons do a 99p breakfast.

I don't think so. http://www.jdwetherspoon.co.uk/resource/documents/food-and-drink/breakfast.pdf

It's still good value. Way better than here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭Peteemax

€11 :eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭SuperWoody101

Supermacs do a fine breakfast.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

How much is the john street deli nowadays?always did a gorgeous brekkie

Yellow Lemon (across the road from the Round House on High Street) did a decent mini breakfast, with toast and coffee for €5.50.

Refill was another €2.20 however.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

There's place on Broad Street beside Portleys that is supposed to be very very good for breakfast, but I haven't been there myself. It's not fancy by any means (from the outside) but has been highly reccomended.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Its laughable how much breakfast food costs here, what I wouldnt give for proper, American style diners to be here, with cheap decent breakfast food, free refills on everything

• Registered Users Posts: 4,462 ✭✭✭sioda

Itsdacraic wrote: »
    There's place on Broad Street beside Portleys that is supposed to be very very good for breakfast, but I haven't been there myself. It's not fancy by any means (from the outside) but has been highly reccomended.

Bredas Cafe always good crowd in there whenever i pass

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭bluefinger

I don't think so. http://www.jdwetherspoon.co.uk/resource/documents/food-and-drink/breakfast.pdf

It's still good value. Way better than here.

Thanks for setting me straight on that. It's been some time since i was there in fairness. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭irishvamp90

How is dolans for a breakfast?could have sworn i payed over 10 euros..i was a bit worst for wear that morning tho

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭irishvamp90

Yellow Lemon (across the road from the Round House on High Street) did a decent mini breakfast, with toast and coffee for €5.50.

Refill was another €2.20 however.

refill 2.20???...thats just a sneaky way of saying charging for another cup

• Registered Users Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭banjobongo

I seem to recall that the Old Quarter pub does a good cheap breakfast. Also the place opposite tesco in Roxboro does a good breakfast I believe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭The Bull O'Shea

banjobongo wrote: »
    I seem to recall that the Old Quarter pub does a good cheap breakfast. Also the place opposite tesco in Roxboro does a good breakfast I believe.

Red Rose Cafe up by the bus station is imho the best breakfast in Limerick with the Wild Onion second

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭gaf1983

Mortell's clocks in at around €7.50, I could have sworn I paid nearly a tenner in O'Connor's Cafe, as coffee wasn't included :(

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭jelliebellie

i had breakfast in dolans around 12.30pm on sat and it was €6.50 for a full irish - tea, toast, beans, rashers, sausages, puddin, egg, chips. must say i was quite impressed. we werent waiting more than 4 or 5 minutes for it either. a 'fuller irish' which is just more of everything plus tomoatoe and mushrooms was €7.50, great value if you ask me. dont know about coffee as i dont drink it.

ate in the red rose there a few months back and thought it was vile. not too clean in there and bit of a stink. was disappointed as i had heard great things about it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Mc Donads do an excellent breakfast an it doesn't cost the earth. :p

Depending on staff, they even offer you free coffee refills. :)

They are based on O'Connell St.

• Advertisement

Supermacs and McDonalds aren't attractive places to go though, and the food is plastic.

I'd prefer go elsewhere tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

ate in the red rose there a few months back and thought it was vile. not too clean in there and bit of a stink. was disappointed as i had heard great things about it!

The place looks like a complete dump. I'd never dream of going in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭SuperWoody101

Supermacs and McDonalds aren't attractive places to go though, and the food is plastic.

I'd prefer go elsewhere tbh.

I take it you have never had a Supermacs Super breakfast?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

or a Double Sausage and Egg McMuffin with cheese and side of hash brown from McDonalds?!?

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭cyberspi

my fav place for breakfast was eddie rockets in the crescent but don't know if they do it any more? could get french toast with potato and bacon for around 5euro with free refills! full breakfast was around 7 with as much tea and toast as you asked for..

I take it you have never had a Supermacs Super breakfast?

You'd be wrong actually. A fast food joint just isn't attractive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 951 ✭✭✭tomcollins97

Ah - cook your own :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭anoble66

bit of a treck out, but the coffee pot in Killaloe do a great breakfast. Think its 8.50 euro for the full fry, coffee, toast and orange juice. No free re-fills of coffee but you can pretty much eat as much toast as you want :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭littlemissteach

I've not been there, but saw an ad in Limerick Independent, for "Brunch" , Upper William St, (next to Gleesons Sports), all day breakfast- €5.50

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,462 ✭✭✭sioda

I've not been there, but saw an ad in Limerick Independent, for "Brunch" , Upper William St, (next to Gleesons Sports), all day breakfast- €5.50

Thought they were shut

Advertisement