Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can't get the ZUNE HD to work in Ireland ?

Options
  • 23-11-2009 12:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,
    I've done a bit of searching on this but cannot find a solution.
    I bought the HD in New York last week but when I connect it to the PC it will not install ? It states there's issues with the drivers.

It states that Windows found driver software for your device but incountered an error while attempting to install it.

ZUNE

The specified service does not exist as an installed service

Any ideas ? When I connect it to the xbox it states connected on the screen but I can't copy music or video to it.
    It's also not recognised by the ZUNE software ?
    Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Sea08

I hate it when windows doesn't give a more detailed error output, it knows that a service is not there, so why won't it just tell us so we can diagnose and fix it straight away!

Have you installed the 4.0 software? link http://www.zune.net/en-us/products/software/default.htm

If not then that is the first step.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

Yes I've installed the 4.0 software and i've even pointed it manually to the ZUNE/Driver folder but the same error is returned ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,706 ✭✭✭Voodu Child

Are you running XP ?

Google is coming up with plenty of hits for Zune owners running XP with the same error message.

This any help for you? Link

I doubt its anything to do with your region, I didn't have to do any fancy tricks to get the player working.

Nope i'm on Vista Ultimate. I'm going to try it on a different machine tomorrow and see what happens.

Ok well it appears to be a Vista Ultimate issue as it works perfectly fine on my friends Windows XP laptop :(
    Anyway I've used his machine to fill it up and all i can say is what a little beauty :D
    Radio is a bit tricky to get the stations up though ...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Ok well it appears to be a Vista Ultimate issue as it works perfectly fine on my friends Windows XP laptop :(
    Anyway I've used his machine to fill it up and all i can say is what a little beauty :D
    Radio is a bit tricky to get the stations up though ...

That's odd, I've had both the zune 80 and Zune HD 32gb working fine on
    various flavours of XP, Vista and Win 7. Is it the 32 or 64 bit version of Vista Ultimate you're using?

If it's Vista 64 bit, there's a seperate version of the Zune software.
    Have a read here

It's the 32bit version. There's no reason why it shouldn't work but I've gone through the forums and it appears to affect a number of people and no solution in site yet. Still though I've got my ZUNE working now so happy days :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

It's the 32bit version. There's no reason why it shouldn't work but I've gone through the forums and it appears to affect a number of people and no solution in site yet. Still though I've got my ZUNE working now so happy days :D

I'm seriously impressed by the features on the HD showing you the bio and discography of the artist when you're connected to wifi. Once the Zune Pass is launched outside the USA it'll be even better. Make sure you stick on the PGR game - again you can do it direct from the HD itself via wifi.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Abolyss

Hi, I have the old 32Gb Zune and it didn't work on my computer for a year. Then I had a problem and had to reinstall windows. Suddenly it started working. I don't know what happened, or what wasn't on the original windows vista as I updated it constantly. But as a last resort you could back up all your info and reinstall Vista. It worked for me :P

• Registered Users Posts: 9 mackinacky

I was wonderin if anyone could help with a problem with my Zune 80gb. It started giving me trouble last week with an error message when I turned it on advising me to connect it to my pc and update the firmware on the Zune software. I tried everything from suggestinos on forums, the Zune website and even rang the customer support who couldnt help.

I'm thinkin at this stage that its probably goosed for good (if anyone has any suggestions or has encountered the same problem I'd really appreciate some advice). But I'm presuming it can't be sorted at this stage and am looking to get an new player but unsure whether to go for another Zune again.

Is the Zune HD a decent machine? I would be looking to get the new 64gb version. I really don't want an iPod or anything to do with apple products so was looking for a bit of advice if anyone has some?

Cheers in advance!

• Advertisement
Advertisement