Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alternative to UTV

Options
  • 23-11-2009 12:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭

Just checking my recent bills for BB and telephone its around €75pm. Need to get this down.

Any suggestions, Vodafone looks like a possible candidate.

Cost are primarly for telephone calls before 6pm. Even if i upgrade to Anytime talk I thnk I can do better.

Question is, who to move to. No major complaints with UTV apart from tne price.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,476 ✭✭✭ardmacha

You are not going to get much better value any UTV Anytime. Where are you making the calls to? Vodafone is good for ringing some Voda numbers, but not much help otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭techeng

Most of the cost incurred are for calls made before 6.00pm. Mainly local and some national. Over the month it can add up to €15.

So my thoughts were if I migrage to Vodafone 3MB Anytime package at €45 I could save 20-25 euros per month and still get a similar BB service

• Registered Users Posts: 7,476 ✭✭✭ardmacha

UTV anytime is €6.99 , so if your €15 of calls are to landlines in Ireland or Britain then you'll clearly save. But you haven't said if your calls are landlines or mobiles.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭techeng

Combination of mobile and landline. But if I had to guess I would say mainly landline.

My current package is costing
    Line rental 29.61
    BB 29.99

Upgrade to any time would increase this to €66+. I could move to Vodafone for the exact same for €40 or the anytime option for €45

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭Neil_Sedaka

techeng wrote: »
    Combination of mobile and landline. But if I had to guess I would say mainly landline.

My current package is costing
    Line rental 29.61
    BB 29.99

Upgrade to any time would increase this to €66+. I could move to Vodafone for the exact same for €40 or the anytime option for €45

I did exactly this, last week.
    Going to port over our mobiles to Vodafone (if their web shop ever starts working again)

• Advertisement
Advertisement