Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mobile DJ Gear

Options
  • 22-11-2009 10:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 478 ✭✭

Hey guys!! Just wondering what you experienced DJ's would recommend in the line of a dual cd player and mixer that I could use instead of the CDJ's!! I bought them a few months ago and I love them but I'm just worried about using them for the rougher pub gigs!!.....where the dj box is a table in a corner!! :rolleyes: I've been told Numarks are hard to get parts for?.....whether there is any truth in this I'll never know?!

Any help appreciated?!:D
    Cheers!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,791 ✭✭✭electrogrimey

Please tell me this is a Seannash re-reg with a huge ego :D

Have you had trouble with your gear at those kind of gigs before? I remember a thread about this before I think...a few of the lads had stuff they used at the end of the night when things got messy and they wanted to put away their good stuff alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Westwood

• Closed Accounts Posts: 478 ✭✭thenashlegend

seannash?:confused: I have no idea?:confused:
    Luckily I havent had trouble but I can see the writing on the wall......drunk idiots running up to me with full pints asking me to play thunderstruck......in the middle of an r'n'b set!!:rolleyes:
    I'm afriad my two babies:D (CDJ 1000 MK3's)......which I saved like mad for will be destroyed by the village idiot dropping a pint on them!!:mad:
    I'd like to keep them for the places where I can use them in comfort!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

the denon dnd**** stuff is pretty good,
    theres a pioneer mep 7000 on adverts and also a numark director d2 (digital)
    you should have a look through there anyways

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

in all fairness spending money on lesser gea just to maybe protect your good stuff(thats sitting at home doing nothing) sounds like a useless idea.

Surely your overall DJ experience will suffer by leaving your good gear at home. Proper flight cases and suitable playing surfuce will alway win out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,791 ✭✭✭electrogrimey

in all fairness spending money on lesser gea just to maybe protect your good stuff(thats sitting at home doing nothing) sounds like a useless idea.

Surely your overall DJ experience will suffer by leaving your good gear at home. Proper flight cases and suitable playing surfuce will alway win out.

He's talking about protecting them from drunks spilling drinks on them etc. at the end of a night. In which case, it is a good idea to get backup gear.

Another option is if you have a laptop, get a cheap all-in-one controller, like the Hercules or one of the Behringer ones or something, and use that when things get rough.

**** gear or good gear. Water will stop all of them.

I know what he is talking about. I deal with it after every gig and I could be right beside the dance floor full of drunk people.

In all fairness you've more of a chance having your **** gear breaking mid set than a pint of water being split on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

In all fairness you've more of a chance having your **** gear breaking mid set than a pint of water being split on it.

that's what I was thinking. No point in using some cheap Behringer for a gig when a rough crowd are getting messy, imagine the riots when the damn thing freezes and gives up the ghost! happens to me every week or so...and I'm only using it at home.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

I'd say the best option would be a bit of perspex/plexglass sheeting and ten minutes with a jig saw. This is of course if you drive to gigs. You could make a face plate the length of two decks and a mixer and say 2 1/2' high, and then use two L-joints to attach it to a base of equal width but only deep enough to store the kit. Finally make two side panels say 1' high. Two small clamps will hold it to the table.

You'd do it for around 50 quid I'd say and if done neatly it would look very professional, basically a portable booth. Not infalible, but there's a limit to how far one can go.

Also, remember. If a function starts to get out of hand, call someone from the bar to get someone over, like some security.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 282 ✭✭Quiggers

Does no harm to have propper flight cases for everything.

Advertisement