Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Crafty Market?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭chocolatepan

Hi there,

I've been a few times, did 4 of them June to Sept. It was a bit hit and miss crowd wise, I didnt do Oct and Nov but heard it was busy. They've been inundated for requests for stalls for the Dec one and unfortunately I didnt get in on time, I'd say it would be good for xmas pressie buying.
    I honestly cant say whether it'd be worth your while coming up, depends on what you sell. Bear in mind the stall is €30, your petrol costs and food for the day. I'd say give it a try, you'll have a nice day anyway as the vibe is good in the hall, nice people selling and food to be had. I wouldnt expect to make a mint though, especially as next possibe one will be Jan and might be quiet after xmas! But good luck if you do decide to go for it!

• Registered Users Posts: 43 KatieEgg

That looks pretty fab :)

• Registered Users Posts: 45 aibby

Hi I did two months there, problem is there is a smaller room off the main room, and that where I was. It was not good for selling at all. Dont think any of us in that room sold much. So unless you are in the main hall dont do it. Wouldnt recommend driving all the way from Sligo for it, to be honest. What do you make, as a matter of interest?

• Registered Users Posts: 43 KatieEgg

Anyone think handmade cards & gifttags would do well here...?

~Katie

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭boxercreations

I make cards and tbh have now abandoned trying to sell them at events like that - you have to sell a lot of cards to make any money and my experience is that people would admire but not buy - I had more success with stuff for kids, journals, explosion boxes etc. I now just do one off cards locally and charge €6-10 a card depending on what is involved - my paper trains sell for twenty but are a lot of work.
    http://wwwboxercreations.blogspot.com
    There is a girl in my town who sells them door to door in Galway for €1/2 each - so it all depends what you are prepared to do to sell them.

• Advertisement
Advertisement