Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Top Gear - 22 November, 2009

Options
  • 22-11-2009 10:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭

anyone else watching it - these 'build your own car' things are getting a bit tedious.............

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I want a geoff!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭cjmcork

phasers wrote: »
    I want a geoff!

over an R8???? - it's the knees of the bee!

cjmcork wrote: »
    over an R8???? - it's the knees of the bee!
    I care about the environemnt :P

so we just don't kneecap the bees then!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

just as i was about to say this episode was a bit boring, they go and do that slo-motion crash test.

absolutely brilliant.

• Advertisement

yeah, that's priceless!

ooooohhhh, they'll get in trouble with the politically correctness police for the label on that button!:eek:

James with the moustache - LOL!

I often wonder if Roy Keane is the Stig.............he sure has his people skills! and I LOVE Roy the Boy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

cjmcork wrote: »
    ooooohhhh, they'll get in trouble with the politically correctness police for the label on that button!:eek:

I don't think they give a **** about what the PC brigade think. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,825 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

The last 20 minutes saved the ep for me.

Part 1 of the Electric car - Boring
    News - Boring, although I did giggle a bit over James' fizzing prostate :pac:
    R8 vs ZR1 - Not bad, not the most standout review ever, but...not bad.
    Sheen - Good, lost points for talking about Twilight though...
    Part 2 of Electric Car - Brilliant, loved the slow mo crashes :D, and all their faces at the end :o

Overall...6.5/10. Was kind of disappointed overall...:( compared to last week it was a bit of a letdown.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

I want an R8!!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭Spudzz

Have posted this elsewhere on this forum.

For the first time ever I switched off Top Gear tonight,what a load of CRAP, the last series was getting poor ,but this new series is pure CRAP,it seems to me that they have lost the plot,three grown men fucxxxg around in a self made electric car for over thirty mins of the show.:mad:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,323 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

I know I'm complaining again, but that was pretty much indefensible on every level.

The electric car could have been fun or interesting, but no, obviously scripted. Yes, we all know it's scripted, but they could have at least tried to not know that the car was going to run out of power or roll down the field. There was a glimmer of hope with the first few seconds of the second half of it, but meh. I could hardly believe it when I checked then TV menu and it was 9:56pm..outside of the star guest - two items? It's hardly news that they're stuck for ideas or can't do as much, but something else could have been thrown in there...anything. I didn't mind the Audi/Corvette, though and Michael Sheen seems like sound chap.

The news was bad last week and it wasn't much better this week. Puerile rubbish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Stop bloody watching! :p

I enjoyed the testing ground shennanigans and it killed an hour (getting stuck in traffic is happening rather too often, though I could believe it happening in Geoff).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭itarumaa

Before the show used to be great, but now it just feels too scripted and kind of the same, but done more badly.

Shame really, since I do still like the Top Gear, but it used to be much much better.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Not the best episode tbh, the electric car went on for way to long and was just boring for the most part with only a couple of saving graces. Just hope it was the low budget episode of the season :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭Mr.Boots

Disapointed.
    I love the lads and the show but its getting weaker and weaker.
    Wht apealed to me in the begining was there lack of profesionalisim......they seem to be gatting better at being .....good....there turning into Germans:eek:

Anyways im gonna drop them a mail and let them know my views...the more people who do this the more the show will inprove(if they take it on board)

Start the email with "Dear so-called Top Gear..." or they won't read it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

Very poor episode.......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

crap episode, apart for Michael Sheen

i taught the crash test was in poor taste tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

I used to be so into TG, last night I feel asleep watching it.........yawnnnnnnnnn

its just not what it used to be and risks going out as a shadow of its former self when it will be pulled - but when is the question?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

I think the top gear format has essentially done all it can do at this point. I love the show, the lads too...but my god last season was bad, and this season doesnt seem to be faring any better. I think the format is now just tired, and the scripting just takes any/all of the fun out of it.

I'd love to see the lads venture out and do something similar to top gear...but yet different. The north pole special, the vietnam special, the japanese episode.....all class. All involved travelling, scripting only works to a point, and directly competing with each other. Did any of you guys watch what Charlie Boorman did (By Any Means)? Some liked some hated....but what Im saying is, imagine that type of show but it had the lads in it. A kind of travelog/competition/docu-comedy all fused into one.

Just one or two seasons break from top gear, do the travel thing for 5 or six episodes across europe or some exotic continent maybe, NO supercars allowed, public or local transport only. Id love to see something like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

I used to be so into TG, last night I feel asleep watching it.........yawnnnnnnnnn

Same here, first time for me.

Jip wrote: »
    Same here, first time for me.

not a good sign is it?:p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭The Don

Not the best episode. I agree that its starting to get stale. Sheen was a really good guest even thought he was jetlagged. He drove the car bravely around the track. Liked the R8 and there were some great shots of it. The electric car was a bit meh until they got to testing it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,323 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

It's like a Top Gear tribute band at this point. They just need to get back to making an entertaining show. It doesn't matter if some parts are set up, but it's they're going through the motions at the moment. Surely they know they're not on the ball and must be cringing at some of what they're doing.

Jeremy also needs to stop his attempts at "cutting-edge" satire at the expense of the UK government/Gordon Brown. They're boring.

When the do the "celebrity guest" bit, why can't all 3 do the interview - Clarksons good, but I'd be much more craic if done by all 3.
    They need to evlove the way they do things.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,825 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

When the do the "celebrity guest" bit, why can't all 3 do the interview - Clarksons good, but I'd be much more craic if done by all 3.
    They need to evlove the way they do things.

Nah. That would be too messy. Everyone talking over each other.

It would be sort of like that Family Guy spoof of The Round Table or whatever it's called. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

I think the best way to some it up was it was an average epsiode, wasnt great and wasnt bad just middle of the road 5/10.

I think TG at the moment is just lacking something, maybe because they have done nearly everything they can do and they are just doing similar things, the challeneges and races are getting similar I hope they can get back to making it fun because they have some of the best film making and producing around IMO.

Advertisement