Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Moving on from the IS200

Options
  • 22-11-2009 9:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone,

Currently driving a IS200, which is a bit slow and burns fuel quicker than a jet engine.

With BMW/Merc/Lexus/Etc in mind, could you suggest a few models that might be a suitable replacement for an aging IS200?
    I like something that can do 0-60 in less than 9s,
    and I don't want large annually recurring fees, so a low carbon band, is what I also want, so it has to be 2008 onwards, needs four doors too.

So...what should be thinking about next? a Mazda 6 MPS (big power!) wo-ho!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭alo1587

Lexus IS-F :D

• Registered Users Posts: 73,439 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Passat TDI :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 760 ✭✭✭245

Subaru Legacy diesel - it has a decent spec too so you won't miss anything coming from the IS

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭kevez

dont get a honda accord diesel the engine just fell out of mines

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,914 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

kevez wrote: »
    dont get a honda accord diesel the engine just fell out of mines

if you dont put oil in the engine, then what do you expect to happen? thats like saying to your wife, dont have kids, they die.......well of course they do if you dont feed them :rolleyes:

OP, do you have a preference to diesel or petrol?
    BMW 3.0 litre petrol engines fall into the 600e motor tax bracket from 2008 onwards which means a BMW 330i is now a viable option imo.

if you want diesel i would go with BMW 330d or even better is the 335d in saloon guise.

Audi A4 2.0 TDI 170bhp is another great option but im not too familiar with audis tbh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭T-Square

alo1587 wrote: »
    Lexus IS-F :D

If only they had one on Pistonheads! ;)

The Passat, actually I really like the look of the new model, pricey though...

The Scoobie, no. It looks a lot like the B4 Blitzen, which I like a lot. But it drinks petrol and has the wrong image too.

The *only* diesels I'd consider would be a diesel Accord, or 320D, maybe a Merc diesel

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭kevez

kceire wrote: »
    if you dont put oil in the engine, then what do you expect to happen? thats like saying to your wife, dont have kids, they die.......wll of course they do if you dont feed them :rolleyes:
    lol but there should be a warning light but it didnt come on bud so it must be faulty and if it is the engine light should turn on and that didnt:P

kevez wrote: »
    lol but there should be a warning light but it didnt come on bud so it must be faulty and if it is the engine light should turn on and that didnt:P

i can understand your frustration, but thats alot of chain reactions that must happen in order for nothing to pop up on the dash!

did you ever check the dipstick for oil level?

if you want diesel i would go with BMW 330d or even better is the 335d in saloon guise.

Hmmm, I like this...
    BMW E90 3 Series

Which I found by accident, what is the number to search for a 330d? E-something? and wouldn't that be heavy on the juice.

T-Square wrote: »
    Hmmm, I like this...
    BMW E90 3 Series

Which I found by accident, what is the number to search for a 330d? E-something? and wouldn't that be heavy on the juice.

2008 onwards are E90 for the saloon and E92 for the coupes/verts.
    the vert you posted is ok imo, not a great colour combo but thats personal choice. i would be looking for leather, bluetooth and idrive with Professional Sat Nav all factory fitted.

also Xenons would be high on my wish list but they are standard on all E92 coupes and Verts.

E90 330d isint too bad on MPG as its an Efficient Dynamics ebgine so you would average 30's at least i would imagine, so neary double the mileage of the IS200 @ approx 16-20MPG.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Octavia. Remapped to 754bhp. Sips fuel and has a huge boot.

i like these :

http://www.pistonheads.co.uk/sales/1344984.htm

or this vert has a much nice/sought after colour combo imo

http://www.pistonheads.co.uk/sales/1189793.htm

i like these :

http://www.pistonheads.co.uk/sales/1344984.htm

or this vert has a much nice/sought after colour combo imo

http://www.pistonheads.co.uk/sales/1189793.htm

vert?

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Hotwheels

Wild card...159 JTDm

:D:D:D:D
    colm_mcm wrote: »
    Passat TDI :D
    :D:D:D:D
    Octavia. Remapped to 754bhp. Sips fuel and has a huge boot.

Advertisement